3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2015 8:23 AM by A.T. Romano

Can't open premiere elements 10 software

geralda2515908

I installed and used premiere elements 10 software numerous times.  Recently when I try to start a new project, it appears to be going through the motions but never opens  When I try to sign in, get an error 400 message.  What's the problem?

• 1. Re: Can't open premiere elements 10 software
          A.T. Romano Level 7

geralda

With Premiere Elements 10 and earlier, you no longer Sign In. That Sign In was disabled by Adobe several years ago when Adobe discontinued photoshop.com.

Open the program, and, on the Welcome Screen, hit New Project if you want to start a new project, set up the new project dialog, and click OK in the new project dialog

to gain access to the workspaces.

Have you done that and still cannot start a new project?

If so, what video card/graphics card is you computer using - NVIDIA GeForce or other.

Please review and consider and then we can decide what needs to be done.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't open premiere elements 10 software
            geralda2515908 Level 1

As I mentioned, I've used premiere elements numerous times so it works with my video card (NVIDIA).  When I try to open a new project from the welcome screen it just doesn't open.  I can open organizer but not the video editor?  I've tried re-installing the software with no help.

• 3. Re: Can't open premiere elements 10 software
              A.T. Romano Level 7

geralda

There is a known issue with Premiere Elements 10 and computer's that use a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card.

Please go to Device Manager/Display Adapter/name of your NVIDIA card/Driver Tab of its properties. What is the driver version

and date. Anything older than May 2013 has created Premiere Elements 10 problems. It could be that your driver version was

automatically updated. Having the latest driver version is definitely not wanted in this situation. That is why I need to have you rule this

factor in or out at the onset of any troubleshooting.

If we can, then we need to look at program activation issues.

ATR