1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 9, 2015 4:30 PM by Kevin-Monahan

I have a imac with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB 32 GB CUDA grayed out Can somone help?

nickp36755373

I have a imac with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB 32 GB I downloaded the CUDA Driver Version: 6.5.46 but I still dont have the option in after efects to use the CUDA for beter permance ? Can somone help?

• 1. Re: I have a imac with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB 32 GB CUDA grayed out Can somone help?
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Nick,

Nick Politis wrote:

I have a imac with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB 32 GB I downloaded the CUDA Driver Version: 6.5.46 but I still dont have the option in after efects to use the CUDA for beter permance ? Can somone help?

After Effects uses your CPU and RAM Primarily, not the GPU.

You only need NVIDIA CUDA for one function: the acceleration of ray-traced 3D compositions. Your newer Maxwell NVIDIA GPU does not contain the OptiX Library necessary for this function so it will not ever work for accelerating ray-traced 3D compositions. Sorry.

The After Effects team is no longer working on this feature and suggests that you use Cinema 4D Lite (bundled) for your 3D work instead. There are also some great third party options for adding 3D elements to After Effects compositions like Invigorator Pro and Video Copilot Element 3D.

Hope that clears things up.

Thanks,
          Kevin