9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 9:39 AM by Szalam

PROGRAM WONT OPEN

jonathanjager1987

My After Effects wont open. I've reinstalled but it still wont work. 

• 1. Re: PROGRAM WONT OPEN
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Without system info, OS and version of AE and an accurate description of how you did the install we haven't much to go on.

• 2. Re: PROGRAM WONT OPEN
            agprince

Mine won't either. I have a MAC running Yosemite. Maybe that's it - can't seem to get adobe help for this.

• 3. Re: PROGRAM WONT OPEN
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking questions?

Seriously. Neither of you is giving nearly enough information for anybody to be able to help you.

Any error messages? If so, what do they say? Exact version number of AE (and your OS) and all the other things in that link will help people know your issue.

Without any info, we're just guessing wildly. My guess is that your computer is angry with you for some reason. Did you say something bad about its mother?

• 4. Re: PROGRAM WONT OPEN
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Anne, you've posted on many threads about this, but on none of them do you even say what version of After Effects you're using. Please, keep your questions to one thread so it's easier for us to help you, and also give the information being asked for in the FAQ entry that Szalam posted above.

• 5. Re: PROGRAM WONT OPEN
                  agprince Level 1

I own Ae Version 11.0.     I run Yosemite 10.10.2 on my laptop.    I run 10.6.8 on my desktop.

Ae runs fine on the desktop. No problems.  It will not open on my laptop.

I'd admit it was "operator error" if I hadn't successfully completed the install on the desktop. Not a hiccup.

What else can I provide?? I sent the error message as an attachment to Szalam.

• 6. Re: PROGRAM WONT OPEN
                    Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> Ae Version 11.0.

What _exact_ version? 11.0.4?

> What else can I provide?? I sent the error message as an attachment to Szalam

Sending an attachment to one person doesn't help the rest of us to help you..

• 7. Re: PROGRAM WONT OPEN

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

> What else can I provide?? I sent the error message as an attachment to Szalam

Sending an attachment to one person doesn't help the rest of us to help you..

And I never received the attachment anyway.

I'll bet it's the "you can't use this version on this OS" message because our OP hasn't updated their AE to 11.0.4.

• 8. Re: PROGRAM WONT OPEN
                        ansansansans

Same thing.  It does not open.  I also uninstalled and re installed it using the creating cloud assistant.  I run  a Mac Book with retina display Mid 2014, intel i5, OS El Capitan 10.11.2

I get this message:

After Effects warning: The directory '/Users/alx/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/13.7' could not be created. Please check the parent directory protection or permission rights.

After Effects can’t continue: Error while accessing the preference files inside “/Users/alx/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/13.7”, please verify the file permissions and try again.

After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup

Someone knows how could I fix this?

• 9. Re: PROGRAM WONT OPEN

ansansansans wrote:

After Effects warning: The directory '/Users/alx/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/13.7' could not be created. Please check the parent directory protection or permission rights.

After Effects can’t continue: Error while accessing the preference files inside “/Users/alx/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/13.7”, please verify the file permissions and try again.

After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup

Someone knows how could I fix this?

fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | After Effects region of interest