1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2015 1:37 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I output the program monitor from Premiere Elements 13 to an external TV monitor?

bobj66464363

I can find information about dual monitor set ups, but is it possible to output the program monitor only to an external monitor?

If so, what is needed?

I'm using PE13 on a PC with Windows 7  64 bit  with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290.

Thanks

• 1. Re: How do I output the program monitor from Premiere Elements 13 to an external TV monitor?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bobj

Have not found a way, but....

Do you have a HDMI cable and does your computer and TV each have a HDMI port.

The TImeline panel appears to be the only undockable panel in the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Expert workspace area (Window Menu/Dual Monitor)

The best I can do is to make a HDMI connection between the HDMI ports of my computer and TV, with display at Duplicate or Extend. That does not appear to be what you seek.

The other part of all this is that Premiere Elements used to have a "Playback Settings" in Project Settings and accessed from

right clicking the Edit area monitor. That is no longer to be found in 13.1, even in a grayed out state. And, for me, the Playback Settings could not be made visible

when attaching a 3rd party device.

In the days of Premiere Elements 11, the answer to your question might have been as described in the following

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Previewing movies

Until proven otherwise, I am thinking that it cannot be done in Premiere Elements 13/13.1. But, I am not at a stage where I would put a never and always stamp on this.

ATR