3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2015 4:25 PM by A.T. Romano

What causes Media not present error, even with disc inserted

download orders

I have a 2 hr  video project that I would like to place on a DVD in NTSC format.  I get an error msg "Media not present" even with DVD inserted in burner.  I have checked "Fit content to available space".  Is the 2 hr project too long to compress onto the DVD, or are there other possible causes?  I did a 1 1/2 hr project with no problems.  I have plenty of hard drive space. 

• 1. Re: What causes Media not present error, even with disc inserted
          A.T. Romano Level 7

download orders

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

The problem is the disc in the burner tray not being recognized by Premiere Elements. Another frequent related issue is Burner Location: in burn dialog being empty when the Premiere Elements does not recognize the burner.

In the problem that you have,

a. Have you tried other brands/types of DVD discs?

b. If you start a new project and take the new Timeline content to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, does the problem remain the same?

B. Have you tried program uninstall/free ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

If you are in a time crunch, you should consider burning the Timeline content to folder and then taking the VIDEO_TS Folder from that

saved folder into a program like ImgBurn for the DVD-VIDEO on DVD production.

Please review and consider and then we will supply you with how to details. Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: What causes Media not present error, even with disc inserted
            download orders Level 1

Thanks for your suggestions.  I did move to a folder download and successfully made the file.  Turns out it is still too big for a DVD, but at least I have it in some form so I can work the problem.

Regards,

Harold

• 3. Re: What causes Media not present error, even with disc inserted
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Harold

Great news about you successful doing the burn to folder.

Did you set for Burn To = Folder (4.7 GB)? If so, did you have a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space" even

though there was no disk at this stage? Depending on the circumstances, maybe try for Burn To = Folder 8.5 GB.

When you are in the burn dialog with your DVD disc in the burner tray, please notice what burn dialog shows for Space Required and Bitrate with and without a check mark

next to "Fit Content to Available Space".

We would be glad for the opportunity to work at fine tuning any details that need fine tuning.

But, progress sounding good.

Best wishes

ATR