1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2015 3:24 PM by Ned Murphy

Can I transfer my Student & Teacher Edition of CS6 to a coworker if my employer purchased it?

SusuRae

My employer purchased the Student/Teacher Edition of the CS6 software while I was taking a few courses. I have upgraded to the Creative Cloud. We'd like to transfer the CS6 license to a coworker if possible.

• 1. Re: Can I transfer my Student & Teacher Edition of CS6 to a coworker if my employer purchased it?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't think you can transfer the license since use of student/teacher versions are approved by Adobe and they have already processed that approval for you.  You are not in a position to make that approval for someone you might transfer it to.

The requirements for transferring licenses is explained in the information linked below.  It is my understanding, thru hear-say since I have not read the thing myself, that the issue of student/teacher provisions is discussed (and not allowed).

Transfer an Adobe product license

You are still allowed to use the software even after your student status ends, and it can be used for commercial purposes.  One thing you should be able to work with would be for you to install the software on another machine, for whatever reason you might have, either as a backup copy (you are allowed to have two activated installations) or to free up some space on your current machine... and if it happens to be your coworker's machine and you happen to allow them to use it while you are not....  I don't see any problem in that myself.