7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2015 9:21 PM by Stephen67

Supported camcorder

Stephen67

Hi all new to this. Here's my question does it support Sony HXR-MC 2500 files or do they have to be converted to be able to edit? Thanks

• 1. Re: Supported camcorder
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stephen67

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system.

For now, I will assume Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

The Sony HXR-MC2500 online specification include

Video Compression = "MPEG4 AVC/H.264 AVCHD 2.0 Compatible"  The video compression should be

compatible with Premiere Elements 13/13.1, but what is the file extension associated with it? If it is .avi or .mfx

then conversion is going to be needed.

It also seems to offer DV AVI which should be compatible with 13/13.1

If you have not purchased Premiere Elements yet, I would suggest that you look at the Premiere Elements 13 tryout

from Adobe (now updated to 13.1) to assure its compatibility with your computer environment and your project goals.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On..I will see if I can find any information on the file extensions..

• 2. Re: Supported camcorder
            Stephen67 Level 1

yes sorry 13 and windows 8.1, I will try that just worry more last time after buying lr4 and ps elements 10 bought canon 70d few month later only to find out they don't work with that camera so had to buy all over again kinda furstrating

• 3. Re: Supported camcorder
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Stephen67

Thank you for the reply.

In case you need the Premiere Elements 13 System Requirements, please see

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/system-requirements-premiere-elements.html

Adobe recently released the 13.1 Update for the program. .

The 13.1 Update of 13 is done after the 13 install, using an opened project's Help Menu/Update.

Since I posted before in your thread, I found some information to indicate that your AVCHD compression is probably using the .mts file extension.

AVCHD.mts should be supported in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Windows (from what you wrote, you are working on Windows 8.1 - assumed 64 bit).

If you were a Premiere Elements Mac user, from what I read, you would probably want to convert the AVCHD.mts into a .mov format.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits. Please give the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 tryout a workout.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Supported camcorder
                Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What was the issue with Lr4 and the 70D?? That is my area of expertise..

• 5. Re: Supported camcorder
                  Stephen67 Level 1

Well unless I really messed up I could not use LR4 with the 70d with out converting the file as I understand from reading Adobe website the 70d was not a supported camera with out conversion? I'm sure it would have still worked but its way easier to me not to have to convert it first to edit and I also got a new travel size computer windows 8.1 64 that LR4 also won't work on as I understand? Thanks all for the help

• 6. Re: Supported camcorder
                    Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Stephen Skiver wrote:

Well unless I really messed up I could not use LR4 with the 70d with out converting the file as I understand from reading Adobe website the 70d was not a supported camera with out conversion? I'm sure it would have still worked but its way easier to me not to have to convert it first to edit and I also got a new travel size computer windows 8.1 64 that LR4 also won't work on as I understand? Thanks all for the help

That is correct Stephen, the 70D Canon was first supported in Lr5.2 in Sept 2013. So yes with Lightroom 4 using the DNG converter is the option for importing those raw files other than upgrading to the current Lightroom. It seems Lr 6 is not so far away so I would wait for that. I see no reason Lr4 won't work on your travel computer, just d/load it and try it.

The download page is here.

Happy shooting!!

• 7. Re: Supported camcorder
                      Stephen67 Level 1

thanks I have already bought LR5 and Photoshop elements 13 and they are working great on new computer with new camera! Lol