1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2015 6:30 AM by SJRiegel

Indesign crashes when trying to view certain page

Jillian Barnes

Hi, I have a 150 page document that I am working on in Indesign CS5 using a Macbook Pro 10.7.5. I am able to view and adjust every page except page 132-133. Every time I try to view those pages I get the message "the connection was lost for file filename.indd or the file was modified by another process". When I export the page to PDF it looks just fine. However, there are some adjustments I'd like to make but I can't access the file without the error message popping up and the program crashing. I have tried accessing the page in all sorts of ways with no luck (links, jump to page, scrolling, etc) every time it crashes.

All the files are on my home computer - there is no 'network' or another process that would interfere as far as i know.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Indesign crashes when trying to view certain page
          SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try exporting the file as IDML to remove the corruption.

• Open the file in InDesign.
          Export the file to IDML (InDesign CS4/CS5) or INX (InDesign CS3 and earlier) format:
          • Choose File > Export.
          • From the Save As Type menu, choose InDesign Markup, or InDesign Interchange.

• Give the file a name and location, and then click Save.

• Open the exported IDML or INX file back into InDesign.

This process rewrites the data in the InDesign document and can repair damage within the original document.

1 person found this helpful