4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2015 4:24 PM by christiane9524350

License key for previous version

christiane9524350

don't know whare to ask, no sales contact found:

Got a valid license for premiere Elements 13, did not look to the compatibility of OS, now discovered it does not work with XP (dont' ask me why I'm using it!!!! just want an answer - ok?).

The Version 12 surely does not accept this license, is ther any way to change that serial number (of course by the manufactorer,not within the community) to get use of the Version 12.

Purchase information are already stored somewhere deep in the account information, so the manufactorer should be able to verify the information.

At the moment I use the test range but I need a solution after that period

Any idea to get in contact with someone who handles the number? (even if it is a machine...)

Best regards, Me

(surely somewhere in full name to view ;-)

• 1. Re: License key for previous version
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think that the only resolution that you will get for this from Adobe if you can't change your OS is a refund from Adobe.

• 2. Re: License key for previous version
            A.T. Romano Level 7

christiane

What is this Premiere Elements 12 or Premiere Elements 13 when you write...

I have found that you can download Premiere Elements 13 to a Windows XP computer, but you cannot install it.

As I see it,  best that you can hope for is to do a refund/money back from Adobe. But that is only possible if you purchased 13 from Adobe and are within 30 days from the date of purchase. Otherwise you need to deal with the seller's return/refund policy. Adobe is no longer selling Premiere Elements 12. After your return/refund from Adobe or the seller, then you will need to look for vendor who still has Premiere Elements 12 in stock.

If you purchased from Adobe as described above, then click on the following link

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Membership, Account, Payment

Payments, Invoices, Orders

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel Orders using the above titles as guides.

ATR

• 3. Re: License key for previous version
              christiane9524350 Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply, is correct with the the Version 13 - does not work with XP.

Try to figure out more in the chat - new experience - think not it will lead to a permanent solution, but hope ....

Regards

E

To Peru Bob

What is this Premiere Elements 12 or Premiere Elements 13 when you write...

It is the Version 12 I'ver got the Test Version without the possibility of assigning a key

Regards

E

• 4. Re: License key for previous version
                christiane9524350 Level 1

Started a chat session, don't know where to get any answer, nothing found in the account area or somwhere else.

Seems to me a bit too stupid for this actions - so what, a long useless day, try again this evening

E