3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2015 2:23 PM by A.T. Romano

opening existing programs

camera shy again

When opening existing video programs the timeline will show missing video files and ask me were they are? After saveing my work each time I close out why are some of the video files missing when I open up again?

• 1. Re: opening existing programs
          A.T. Romano Level 7

camera shy again

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running.

When you open a previously saved closed project and are greeted by "Where is the file _____?" messages (each naming a file that is

missing), there are at least two possibilities

1. After you saved closed that project, you moved, deleted, or renamed files and folders that had been imported into Premiere Elements

before the save close.

2. You stored your source media on an external hard drive, and the external hard drive drive letter has changed. Or, the external hard drive

can be malfunctioning.

Does any of that apply to your situation. If it does, if you create a new project, do your edits, and then save close the project and do

nothing to the source file saved to the computer hard drive, does the issue exist when you re-open this project?

Let us consider the above and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: opening existing programs
            camera shy again Level 1

Thankyou for the quick reply.  You were correct about after I saved and closed out of the program I remembered changing my source file name at one point to do something else with another program.  All is well.

Thanks,

Gil

• 3. Re: opening existing programs
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gil

Glad to learn of the great news "All is well"

Some of those Premiere Elements media reconnect problems can get complicated. So, we are glad

that you worked through the troubleshooting to your success. Great job.

Thanks for the follow up information which is appreciated by all.

ATR