1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2015 9:24 PM by A.T. Romano

Why is my DVD so blurred and flickers contantly when playing and why do I have to move my narration to the soundtack line for it to works?

letratag

Can anybody answer my question please?  I have typed it in three different places now and I am just going around in circles.

• 1. Re: Why is my DVD so blurred and flickers contantly when playing and why do I have to move my narration to the soundtack line for it to works?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

letratag

What version of Premiere Elements are you using, and on what computer operating system is it running?

What have you created - DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc or AVCHD format on DVD disc?

This is clearly not a case of pros and cons of higher and lower resolution end product. Your symptoms suggest a flawed project

which needs attention to get the best possible end product for your chosen export.

1. What are the properties of what you have taken to the project's Timeline for burn to? Please include

a. Photos, what pixel dimensions and how many? video, format and duration, including bitrate of the video file? If the video

file is interlaced, please tell us whether Field Order is Upper Field First or Lower Field First.

2. What is the project preset - set by you (manually) or the project (automatically) to match the properties of your source file?

3. Narration comment is of concern. Does this issue exist if you start a new project? Please give more detail for "Why do I have to

move my narration to the soundtrack line for it to work?" Are you creating this narration using the program's Narration Tool? How is

it not working - no sound, distorted sound, or other. Can you also move the narration to a numbered audio track for it to work? Are you

using Smart Mix in the project to balance the narration with other sound in the project?

4. Have you applied the Flicker Removal option in Field Options or the AntiFlicker Filter in Motion Panel to try to reduce the flicker

that you see. Is this flicker seen before and after burn to?

We can customize the details once we know version and computer operating system.

I do not know if you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced user. If you are a beginner, we can clarify any of the above and go at

whatever troubleshooting pace you prefer.

Please review and consider, and we will do all that we can to get you the best possible end product for your choice of export.

Thank you.

ATR