31 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2015 5:50 PM by A.T. Romano

I can't open Premiere elements 13.

Tivers95

I bought it and installed it, but when I click on it nothing happens, even if I try to open it as an administrator

• 1. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
          Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Maybe providing some information on your OS would be helpful.... please.

Do you get any error messages at all???

• 2. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Tivers95

The operating system and possible error messages already asked about are important. Also, are you working from a home

computer or a company or school network?

I would like to get some additional information in order to help.

1. How far do you get in the install? Do you get beyond the Sign In dialog? Do you get to the Welcome Screen?  I am trying to get at

where "it" is when you say you click on it and nothing happens.

2. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges or just right clicking the program's desktop icon to apply Run As Administrator?

Assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit..have you tried to open the program

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

and, in the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder, right clicking the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe to apply Run As Administrator, and then doubling clicking

that file to try to open the program from there?

3. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

4. Do you have installed a pen and tablet device instead of a mouse?

5. Please also look at renaming the SLCache Folder as per the following information which applies to 13 as well as 12.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

Please review and consider. We will be looking forward to your follow up. If any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
              Tivers95 Level 1

Hi, Thanks for the reply

Firstly I am running Windows 7 ultimate on a home computer. The installation finished completely and the first time I got to the welcome screen where there were two options 'organizer' and 'video editor'

I clicked on video editor and it immediately closed itself. Then whenever I tried opening it nothing happened, I noticed in the processes in windows task manager that is was starting the process

but then stopping it.

2. I am on a user account and right clicking the desktop icon and selecting 'run as administrator' and I tried going to the file destination and opening it from there, still no difference.

3. I disabled the firewall and antivirus, this made no difference. and I have not installed a pen or tablet.

I followed the steps in the link provided  and still no change. It asks for the activation key, as it did when I initially installed it and then repeats the problem.

And lastly at no point have I seen any error signs or anything like that.

Thanks

• 4. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Tivers95

Premiere Elements 13 Window 7 64 bit...

Thanks for the reply and the great follow through on the suggestions.

When you get to the Welcome Screen, if you click on Organizer instead of Video, does the Elements Organizer open and work without issue?

Let us look at any video card/graphics card aspects of the issue. When you go to Device Manager/Display Adapters/, what do you see listed

there for the video card/graphics card that your computer uses? Is the driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the

card? Do you have more than 1 card? Does your computer setup use more than 1 monitor?

Possible troubleshooting additions...

1. Update the Adobe Application Manager Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

2. Uninstall the antivirus instead of just disabling it. Go for the uninstall/free ccleaner run through regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts/reinstall

with the uninstalled antivirus.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

3. Consider any 3rd party plug-ins or codecs that might be creating computer conflicts

Please consider and then we can decide what next if none of the above has resolved the issue?

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                  Tivers95 Level 1

ATR

I only got to the welcome screen the first time I opened Premiere elements 13, after that the program fails to open at all.

However, I created new user account on my computer without administrator privileges and it will open Premiere to the welcome screen

but when I click on organizer it begins to load as if it will work and then simply stops. The same thing happens if I click video editor

Under the display adapters tab it says Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750. I am running only one graphics card and one monitor.

I uninstalled the anitvirus and ran the ccleaner through both the regular and registry cleaner and then reinstalled premiere elements 13 and still no change.

Thanks

• 6. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Tivers95

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry the news is not better, but do not give up.

That looks like 2 video cards/graphics cards. Are they both up to date according to the web site of the manufacturers of the cards?

Is it possible to disable one to see if the 2 card configuration might be part or all of the issue?

In the troubleshooting, definitely stay with working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges as well as applying Run As Administrator to the desktop icon. Also, stay with the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements.

I am guessing that the new user account would have worked if you established it as a new user account with administrative privileges.

Please review the above. I am debating if there is any merit in doing another deletion of the 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Hold off doing that until we explore some additional ideas.

Please remind me if have you sought to bypass the Welcome Screen Video Editor/New Project, and tried to open the program by double clicking the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file found

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder should be the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file to which you can apply Run As Administrator and then double click to open the program, bypassing the Welcome Screen.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                      Tivers95 Level 1

ATR

I disabled one graphics card, tried the program, then disabled the other one and tried it. still nothing.

And I did try to bypass the welcome screen but this did not work.

Thanks

• 8. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                        Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi Tyson,

Could you please send me a log file from the following location.

1.C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

Check for Adobe Premiere Elements 13.log with the latest date stamp on it.

2. Run > %temp%  now please find amt3.log, oobelib.log file

Please send this to photosup [at] adobe [dot] com.

Regards

Sandeep

• 9. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                          Tivers95 Level 1

Hi

I have sent the files through.

Thanks

• 10. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                            Tivers95 Level 1

Sandeep

Hi, I was just wondering if there were any updates?

Thanks

• 11. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                              Tivers95 Level 1

I've just noticed something. there is a file with the installation package called 'OEM'. does this mean I have bought an illegitimate copy?

The website I purchased it from is B&H Photo Video

• 12. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.

I'm sure you will have a response shortly.... it has been the weekend.

• 13. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                  eddieg73725247

I also had/have trouble running 13. I unintalled it reload it, reloaded again, and again. Now I think it works but very slow and fustrating. Frightened to reboot my Win7 PC with home premium. I wounder If I reboot I will loose it again.

• 14. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.

I would definitely reboot your PC...

• 15. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                      Tivers95 Level 1

I've reinstalled a load of times. My computer really doesn't like it.

• 16. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Tivers95

While you and Adobe Staff Sandeep Singh have been exchanging valuable troubleshooting information, I have decided to watch for further developments rather than post more comments. But one of your latest posts caught my curiosity. So, just a quick question before Sandeep Singh returns to your thread. Where did you find this OEM file

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

Installers

and in the Installers Folder is the OEM file or some place else?

Please remind me, how old is your Windows operating system?

ATR

• 17. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                          Tivers95 Level 1

ATR

When I bought it from the website, I downloaded  file called 'Adobe premiere elements 13 windows version' and in that folder is a '32 bit version' and a '64 bit version'

Both folders have a setup program, the OEM file and then 4 folders, these are deploy, packages, payloads and resources.

The file path you mentioned does not have the OEM file.

• 18. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.

Tyson Pik wrote:

You were suggesting to reboot/restart your PC. I am recommending that, not a reinstall....

• 19. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                              Tivers95 Level 1

Oh sorry, I've done that too. it has no effect.

• 20. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Tivers95

Thanks for the information on the location of the oem file that you mentioned.

I am just confirming that an oem.exe file is included in the PRE13 Folder that

was saved to my computer desktop when I downloaded Premiere Elements 13 tryout

files from Adobe.

We will be watching for the report from Sandeep Singh.

Best wishes

ATR

• 21. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                                  eddieg73725247 Level 1

My PC a HP windows 7 Home Prem. does not seem to like Adobe Prem Elements  or Elements 13. I think its the software that has a lot of issues.

I did gett it  running for a short time (but slow) when I restarted the PC in the morning it could not find  the  'path'.

Adobe were no help. Looks  like I wasted my money.

-

Original message----

From : forums_noreply@adobe.com

Date : 16/02/2015 - 23:43 (GMTST)

To : goutcher@btinternet.com

Subject :  I can't open Premiere elements 13.

I can't open Premiere elements 13.

created by Tivers95 in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7200787#7200787 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7200787#7200787

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 22. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.

Hi Tyson,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have checked the logs files. Based on the that could you please try following troubleshooting steps:

Go to following location:

for Win

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Adobe

for MAC

Finder> Go > Go to Folder

\Library\Applicaiton Support\Adobe

~\Library\Applicaiton Support\Adobe

Locate folder OOBE and rename it OOBE.old

Download and install

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

After the installation

Try to Open Adobe Application Manager / Creative Cloud App.

Log in that with Adobe ID and Password.

If it does not work first try couple of times more.

Let me know if this resolves the issue. If not please sent an email with your Adobe ID and Contact information at photosup [at] adobe [dot] com

Regards,

Sandeep

• 23. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                                      Tivers95 Level 1

Hi Sandeep

I tried renaming the files and installing the app manager and again this did not help.

The requested email has been sent through.

Thanks

• 24. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                                        Tivers95 Level 1

I have an update.

I decided to install premiere elements 13 on my laptop, this worked without a hitch. It opens quickly and there is no issue.

So my guess is that the initial problem lies within my computer rather than the program

• 25. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Tivers95

Thanks for the update (post 24). Great news about success with Premiere Elements 13 installed and working on your laptop.

Do you and Sandeep Singh have any new information about the core of these same Premiere Elements 13 issues when the Windows Ultimate

64 bit computer was involved?

ATR

• 26. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                                            Tivers95 Level 1

ATR

No, there has been no update.

• 27. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                                              LordCommanderJonSnow

I'm experiencing a similar issue. I installed the software and it will not open. I have Windows 8. I've restarted my computer many times, I've ran it as an administrator, I've downloaded the latest version of Adobe Application Manager, I've downloaded Creative Cloud, and it just won't even open. I bought the product from Best Buy so I cannot receive a refund. I can't even uninstall it. Every time I try, it fails. So, I have a $100 software on my hard drive that I can neither remove nor use.

• 28. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.

Hi Robert,

Please follow these steps

Go to following location:

for Win

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Adobe

for MAC

Finder> Go > Go to Folder

\Library\Applicaiton Support\Adobe

~\Library\Applicaiton Support\Adobe

Locate folder OOBE and rename it OOBE.old

Download and install

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

After the installation

Try to Open Adobe Application Manager / Creative Cloud App.

Log in that with Adobe ID and Password.

If it does not work first try couple of times more.

and if this does not work please send us log files from these location:

1.C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

Check for Adobe Premiere Elements 13.log with the latest date stamp on it.

2. Run > %temp%  now please find amt3.log, oobelib.log file

Please send this to photosup [at] adobe [dot] com

Let me know if this resolves the issue. If not please sent an email with your Adobe ID.

Regards,

Sandeep

• 29. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Sandeep Singh

This is the link to LordCommanderjonSnow's original thread on the issue presented in post 27 (the thread of another).

Why can't I get Adobe Premiere Elements 13 to open?

I am not sure to whom you are addressing your troubleshooting reply when you address the post 28 to LordCommanderjonSnow and start your reply with Hi Robert. I do not see a Robert in the tread.

Whatever the case, thank you once again for your help and insights into these Premiere Elements issues. Appreciated.

ATR

• 30. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                                                    LordCommanderJonSnow Level 1

Sandeep Singh

I took your advice and renamed that folder to OOBE.old, and I was able to successfully download Application Manager after that, and when I tried to open Premiere Elements, that was successful as well, about which I was most pleased. However, after a few minutes of using it, it stopped responding, and a window popped up that contained the words Debug Event and this exact text:

[..\..\Src\Component\ComponentFactory.cpp-69]

I would like to know what exactly caused this particular error and what I could do to ensure that this error does not occur again. After trying to reopen Premiere Elements, it told me that Application Manager was either missing or damaged and I was required to download it, even though I downloaded it not that long ago. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

ATR

My actual name is Robert so I was who Sandeep was addressing If you have any information or suggestions as to the particular error I mentioned, I would most appreciate it.

LCJS

• 31. Re: I can't open Premiere elements 13.
                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

LordCommanderJonSnow

I have seen the .... \Component\ComponentFactory.cpp... online a few times. The troubleshooting suggestion was either an uninstall/reinstall or running a computer cleaner. Did you ever get around to doing that plan of uninstall/ free ccleaner run through (regular and cleaner parts)/reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled as I suggested in your other thread? I would go with the ccleaner that I suggested rather than the different Adobe CCleaner where the CC represents Creative Cloud.

I will continue to think about this. Hoping that Sandeep Singh will have some undocumented Adobe follow up on this or can offer you some remote control of computer troubleshooting which we cannot.

Did QuickTime remain installed during your troubleshooting to date?

ATR

Add On....I would redo the renaming of the OOBE Folder. Please rename the OOBE Folder from OOBE to OLDOOBE.

A while back it would found that OLDOOBE worked whereas alternatives did not.