This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
learn about net lingo here at livedocs
i don't know the particulars about your project, but it you have to use an exe file and not link to a web page you could use an xml file on the flash drive to build the menu from. you could use a comma delimited list for that matter, but xml would be easier imho. the xml file could contain version info. you could use fileio to store an updated xml file on the flash drive when updates are available. i would suggest using a flash object for xml if you go that route, the flash xml object is superior to the dirctor on as far as i'm concerned.
once an updated xml file is saved you could use a goto to go to the frame where the menu is built and the new xml file could be loaded.
Also be aware that many companies may block all (non-sanctioned) outbound/inbound network traffic from/to users. An updateable program like that wouldn't work on my company computer... and many others that I know.
I found a free updater program from gvhsoftware.org, but it will not work because the version numbers it is reading is the "Macromedia Projector" version number.
I dont think I could get it to work using XML to construct the menu, there are 2 sizes of buttons, because some menu options has 2 lines of text. All my buttons are sprites on the stage from cast member images with text overlayed.
it will only be used within my company, though at different locations. It will be connecting to one of our own servers, which we house at our resource center and none of the employees are blocked from having access to those servers.
"skinnerback01" <firstname.lastname@example.org> posted in
> I found a free updater program from gvhsoftware.org, but it will not
> work because the version numbers it is reading is the "Macromedia
> Projector" version number.
Check out the free Versiown. With it you can change the icon as well as the
version number of your projectors.
You might also want to check out this article on DOUG
Mark A. Boyd
thanks a lot, the Versionwn software allowed me to configure my version numbers to allow the Updater program I had found to work. After messing with settings in the Updater program I finally got it working and everything seems to run alright.