avchd

jean-pierred57807531

I  have to use  avchd 1080p 50 and avchd 1080p 25  on the same project

what are the beginning settings

thank you

jp depienne

• 1. Re: avchd
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You don't say which version of the program you're using but, if you're using version 11 or later, the program will automatically set up your project specs based on the first clip you add to your timeline.

You should easily be able to mix these two formats in the same project (assuming one or the other is not an MOV, which can have its own challenges). Though you'll ultimately be better off changing your camcorder settings so that the videos are shooting at the same resolution and frame rate. Doing so will certainly save you lots of rendering time later!

• 2. Re: avchd
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jean-pierred

I would agree that you should be able to mix the 1080p50 and 1080p25 in the same PAL project. But, I would like to contribute the following additional information.

Shorter Reply

You should be able to accept or set for project preset

PAL

AVCHD

HD1080p50

or

PAL

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p25

since the major factors are same frame size and progressive video and the project preset is directing the program to give the 1920 x 1080 space in the Edit area monitor for editing. Unless you are doing frame by frame by frame editing, that is a prime focus.

Longer Explanation to avoid ending up with a 1080i25 project preset instead of 1080p50 or 1080p25 one

Premiere Elements 11, 12, and 13 are designed to do an automatic set of the project preset based on its analysis of the first drag to the Timeline properties. If it cannot do that, it does not give you the closest fit, but rather its default which is 1080i25 (in your PAL setup). So, if this is your initial use of your video formats in Premiere Elements, it might be a good idea to see what the project preset has been set for you in order to determine if it agrees with the 1080p50 (or 1080p25)..whichever you dragged to the Timeline first. The program has done it correctly if you see the following in Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

If your 1080p50 is the first drag to the Timeline

HD1080p50.JPG

If your 1080p25 is the first drag to the Timeline

1080p25.JPG

If the program went to its default for either, then you want to set the project preset manually for either of the two choices using

the File Menu/New/Project route, and then import your source files.

Just in case mention, true if you have a match between your video properties and the project preset, initially you will not need Timeline rendering

at the moment of import. But Timeline rendering will be needed after each of your edits to that video if you want the best possible preview of

your edited content, that goes for the 1080p50 and 1080p25 on that Timeline.

ATR

• 3. Re: avchd
              jean-pierred57807531 Level 1

thank you for the answer

I use premiere 13 

i want to  share it on usb   do i use avchd 1080p 50 or 1080p 25    do i have a big difference  quality

• 4. Re: avchd

thank you   thank you

by starting a new project    when you change the settings   there is a possibility to force the settings to accept all your changes   do i have to do it ????

merci beaucoup

jean-pierre

antwerp Belgium

• 5. Re: avchd
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jean-pierred

Thank you for the follow up.

With regard to your post 4 addressed to me....

If you find that the project is consistently setting the project preset correctly, I would go with letting it do the job. But, do that only after you made sure that it was giving you what you  wanted (1080p50 or 1080p25 and not 1080i25).

If it not doing it right for some reason and you are setting the project preset manually, then I would be sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project" before continuing to the program's workspace to add your source file(s). Whether or not "have to" for that check mark after the project preset change in "Change Settings", I have never established that. And, I have placed the check mark since it seemed a reasonable thing to do under the circumstances, and it produced consistent wanted results.

ATR

• 6. Re: avchd

thank you again for the goed advice

merci 1000 FOIS

jean-pierre depienne