3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2015 9:51 AM by A.T. Romano

Install downloaded Premiere Elements 13 (Win) on Mac

angusr3969730

I have de-activated the prog on the PC; how do I download a Mac version?

I had downloaded and installed windows versions of Prem. El. and PhS. El. on my windows laptop; now that I've got a Macbook I want to install the programme on that instead. How do I proceed?

• 1. Re: Install downloaded Premiere Elements 13 (Win) on Mac
          A.T. Romano Level 7

angust

Are you dealing with downloads that you have purchased or just talking about tryouts?

If you have downloaded purchased Premiere Elements 13 Windows installation files with a serial number, you cannot use those installation files on a Mac computer.

If you want a downloaded purchased Premiere Elements 13 Mac, you need to purchase Premiere Elements 13 Mac with its own serial number for your Macbook.

If your original purchase gave you a box packaging of the product, you found that you had 2 installation disc - one for Windows and one for Mac. In that

case, you could install Premiere Elements 13 Mac on Mac from the Mac installation disc.

Please clarify the details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Install downloaded Premiere Elements 13 (Win) on Mac
            angusr3969730 Level 1

Hi A.T,

These are purchased downloads.

So, I can’t download a trial for Mac then use my purchased key?

Angus Robins

angus.robins@gmail.com

• 3. Re: Install downloaded Premiere Elements 13 (Win) on Mac
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Angus Robins

From what you wrote, your purchased serial number is for Premiere Elements 13 Windows, so you cannot insert the serial number for the Premiere Elements 13 Windows into the Premiere Elements tryout on Mac. Purchase of the Mac version product with its own serial number is needed.

If you had purchased the program originally in boxed packaging, you would be in a better situation now. As I mentioned previously, that boxed packaging come with

the 2 installation discs, one for Windows and one for Mac. Adobe does not sell the box packaging version, only the download which restricts you to Windows or Mac purchase.

The box packaging can be obtained from authorized resellers.

ATR