15 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2006 8:37 AM by Venian

images don't load

Venian
      On a server i have in the main swf some swfs that load into it through loadMovie. But jpg that load into the main swf by clicking on the little swfs, don't load. The jpg don't load. I use the same loadMovie. On my computer, localy it works. When i upload the site on the server the up-mentioned problem occurs.

Can someone help me?
      Thank you.
        • 1. Re: images don't load
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          are the jpgs uploaded to the same directory as your flash html and swf? are they uploaded using binary protocol?
          • 2. Re: images don't load
            Venian Level 2
            the jpgs are uploaded in a directory that is next to the html and flash.
            _root\index.html
            _root\index.swf
            _root\images\m1.jpg

what is binary code? explaing to me if you can in a few words.\

Thank you.
            • 3. Re: images don't load
              binary is the file transfer protocol that you must use for jpgs (and swfs and most other file types). ascii if the file transfer protocol used for text files (and html files and other file types that you can read in a plain text editor).

download one of your jpgs and see if it's corrupted. if it's ok, you used the correct protocol. your ftp program probably is selected the protocol for you based on file extension.

if the jpg is not corrupt, post your loadMovie() statement.
              • 4. Re: images don't load
                Venian Level 2
                the jpg is not corrupted. I use the same loadMovie statement to load a swf into the main swf. This works.
                I use the same statement to load a jpg into the newly load swf. but the jpg doesn't work. On my hard disk it works. When i upload the whole thing on the server it doesn't work anymore.
                There is nothing changed, only that it isn't on my hard disk but on a server.

This is the statement:

for the swf:

button instance actionscript
                on(release) {
                _root.slider_mc.loadMovie("after_galery.swf");
                }

for the jpg I press on a button that is in the newly loaded swf through the statement specified just above:

button instance actionscript:
                on(release) {
                _root.image_mc.holder_mc.loadMovie("m1.jpg");
                }

on the hard disk works both on the server the jpg doesn't load.

Thank you.
                • 5. Re: images don't load
                  you haven't specified the correct path for m1.jpg. try:

• 6. Re: images don't load
                    Venian Level 2
                    The path isn't the problem. That is the first thing i checked.
                    Is the same web site only that on my hard disk is working and on the server isn't working.
                    I think there is a problem with the nesting. The swf that triggers the jpg is loading the jpg in the main movie which is the parent of this swf.
                    • 7. Re: images don't load
                      you're either wrong in stating the path is not the problem or you're giving incorrect information in this thread.
                      • 8. images don't load
                        Venian Level 2
                        Checked it for yourself. www.discover-me.ro
                        press on the intro after it loads.
                        Then on the left press on the third button from top to bottom (named "galerie foto").
                        Then on the right you'll have some categories. press on the first. it'll load the small swf.
                        Now click on any of the three images and it should load an jpg on the center of the stage. But it doesn't. I can't understand why.
                        Meanwhile i'll check the paths and the files loaded on the server.
                        • 9. Re: images don't load
                          i can't check anything significant by testing your swf. i don't doubt that your jpgs are failing to load and that's the only thing i can check without hacking your swf or web site.
                          • 10. Re: images don't load
                            Venian Level 2
                            i can mail you the swf if you like. you can do me no harm by hacking it as my web site is in a different country and already registered.
                            • 11. Re: images don't load
                              there shouldn't be any need to hack anything.

if the code that you use to load m1.jpg is as you posted and m1.jpg is NOT in the same directory as your flash swf/html, you have a problem that needs to be corrected.
                              • 12. Re: images don't load
                                Venian Level 2
                                The path is not the problem. The jpg IS in the same directory as the swf/html file. The problem is elsewhere.
                                I don't know.
                                It might be from the nesting of the swf's, from the server. I'll keep checking it out untill I'll nail the problem.

Thank you for the support.
                                • 13. Re: images don't load
                                  Venian Level 2
                                  The path is not the problem. The jpg IS in the same directory as the swf/html file. The problem is elsewhere.
                                  I don't know.
                                  It might be from the nesting of the swf's, from the server. I'll keep checking it out untill I'll nail the problem.

Thank you for the support.
                                  • 14. Re: images don't load
                                    you're welcome.
                                    • 15. Re: images don't load
                                      Venian Level 2
                                      I found the problem. The SWF file, on the server, is case sensitive.
                                      I had the path stated like this: loadMovie ("images/m1.jpg"); but the file was actually named "M1.jpg".
                                      Strangly as it sounds the movie has been playing well on my computer and the image has been loading, but when I uploaded it the SWF didn't load the image because the image name was "M1.jpg" and my path was pointing to "m1.jpg".