1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2015 3:10 PM by IsakTen

I try to find out, what I have to do, to encrypt pdf-Files (Newest Acrobat) with a german qualified digital signature...

Thomas Gott.

Are here any german folks?

I try to find out, what I have to do, ....(title)

...to encrypt pdf-Files (Newest Acrobat) with a german qualified digital signature...

...which follows the rules of the german law, without using any card solution from any trust center? Do You know, what tech way is the right one to do this? Thanks, and if possible, can You answer in german?

Thanks,

Thomas, Berlin

• 1. Re: I try to find out, what I have to do, to encrypt pdf-Files (Newest Acrobat) with a german qualified digital signature...
          IsakTen Level 4

Certificate encryption is for the certificates with private keys that recipients of your encrypted PDFs have. Each of them needs to send you a public-key version of their certificates, which you include in your encrypted PDF. You should also include yourself (and Acrobat prompts you for that separately), so that you can decrypt this PDF yourself. For that you also need to have a certificate with a private key. Where these certificates come from (file on a hard drive, smart card, etc.) and whether they comply with the German law is your choice. Acrobat does not enforce that.

It is a good practice to always keep the original (unencrypted) version for yourself and to save the encrypted PDF with a different name.