25 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 1:57 PM by Jeffrey54 Lane

XAMPP Problem

Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi I was hoping someone could help me with this XAMPP problem, I have recently acquired a new computer (using widows 8) and I am using DW CC, I have also put XAMPP 5.6.3 for windows on the computer everything is exactly like it is on my old computer apart from being new version’s and all is working fine on there, but on my new computer when I try to view a page in design view I get this error message: Dynamically-related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server.

So I’ve looked at the error message in xampp Apache logs and it gives me this: [11-Feb-2015 14:44:53 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(lang.tmp): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 2

The file shouldn’t look like that it should look like this D:\xampp\htdocs\website\index.php I don’t know why it’s showing xampp instead of website.

Any help will be appreciated thanks Jeff

• 1. Re: XAMPP Problem
          Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi Sorry that is meant to be Live view not Design view

• 2. Re: XAMPP Problem
            Rob Hecker2 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Could this be an issue of conflicting software locale versions? For instance, are you in Europe but trying to use a US version of one of the applications, or vice versa?

My son had an issue with using Autocad in Berlin and the problem turned out to be a US version of a graphics card driver.

• 3. Re: XAMPP Problem
              Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi Rob thank you for your contact, I’m in the UK ,the xampp  looks like its English and US to me.

Jeff

• 4. Re: XAMPP Problem

OK, but this is suspicious

[11-Feb-2015 14:44:53 Europe/Berlin]PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(lang.tmp)

If that's just the time zone setting, then I wouldn't see why it is causing a problem.

What is on line 2 of index.php? That's where the error is coming from.

• 5. Re: XAMPP Problem
                  Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi Rob

This is the first four lines of my index page:

This is what the php_error_log Looks like today:

PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(lang.tmp): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 2

PHP Warning:  SQLite3::query(): Unable to prepare statement: 1, no such table: users in D:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\phonebook.php on line 70

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function fetchArray() on boolean in D:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\phonebook.php on line 73

And this is what the Apache error log looks like through yesterday and this morning:

AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name

AH00098: pid file D:/xampp/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name

AH00455: Apache/2.4.10 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1i PHP/5.6.3 configured -- resuming normal operations

AH00456: Apache Lounge VC11 Server built: Jul 17 2014 11:50:08

AH00094: Command line: 'd:
                  xampp
                  apache
                  bin
                  httpd.exe -d D:/xampp/apache'

AH00418: Parent: Created child process 3724

AH00354: Child: Starting 150 worker threads.

AH00098: pid file D:/xampp/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

AH00455: Apache/2.4.10 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1i PHP/5.6.3 configured -- resuming normal operations

xampp
                  apache
                  bin

AH00418: Parent: Created child process 6280

xampp
                  apache
                  bin

AH00418: Parent: Created child process 2348

xampp
                  apache
                  bin

AH00418: Parent: Created child process 4108

Thanks Jeff

• 6. Re: XAMPP Problem
                    RR456 Level 1

Your first 4 lines of your index page is not included in your reply to Rob.

• 7. Re: XAMPP Problem
                      RR456 Level 1

Rob,

I loaded the current XAMPP stack last week (i.e. 5.6.3), I know you mentioned in a thread at your level of expertise, you use Zend.  The default in the PHP ini file, at least in the XAMPP stack for time zone was Europe/Berlin.  Jeff probably did not reset it. 

• 8. Re: XAMPP Problem

RR, thank you for noting the default timezone for XAMPP. The timezone must be specified in recent versions of PHP, but this is not a PHP timezone issue. The PHP timezone setting doesn't have to match the server.

Jeffrey, I think there may be several problems with your configuration, and I can't tell which are serious. I don't use XAMPP, so I can't compare.

Dynamically-related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server.

This is a Dreamweaver error. Verify that your site definition is correct for your local test server. My guess is that the new installation has the directory "xampp" where the previous installation had "website".  Dreamweaver server behaviors are not compatible with the most recent versions of PHP.

PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(lang.tmp): failed to open stream:

This is a warning, not an error, so it should not stop execution of the script. I think I was on the wrong track at first in thinking this was significant.

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function fetchArray() on boolean in D:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\phonebook.php on line 73

You need to modify your code to deal with this error. It looks like the query is not producing a result set.

1 person found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: XAMPP Problem
                          Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi Rob since your email I’ve gone over everything the site definition is correct, so what I done is I’ve deleted Dreamweaver and xampp completely, reinstalled Dreamweaver and down loaded the same version of xampp 1.8.1 that I’ve got on my old computer, I reconfigured everything the same as the old computer (where it is working perfectly) left the port at 80 and turn off the old computer so it wouldn’t interfere with the new one, tried again and the same thing happens, bear in mind I’m using the same version of DW xampp and it works on one computer but not the other.

Thanks Jeff

• 10. Re: XAMPP Problem
                            Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What happens when you go to your browser and just type http://localhost

See if this link helps you.

Apache Friends Support Forum • View topic - Window 8 - LocalHost - XAMPP

Nancy O.

• 11. Re: XAMPP Problem
                              RR456 Level 1

Jeff,

When you say you "deleted" XAMPP completely, I assume you mean uninstalled it completely?  Uninstalling is the recommended approach.  And, in the uninstall process, did you elect to retain the hdocs files?

Also, when I fire-up my XAMPP 5.6.3 the Control Panel v3.2.1 notes the Apache Ports are 80, 443 and MySQL Port is 3306.  Those are all defaults.  You said you left the port at 80, is 443 also available?

• 12. Re: XAMPP Problem
                                Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi RR456 Yes I did mean uninstall including the htdocs, and I did use port 80 & 443 also MySQL is using port 3306.

Thank you Jeff

• 13. Re: XAMPP Problem
                                  Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi Nancy I think this is the problem I done what you said I tried the link on my new computer and I just got a blank page, tried it on the old computer and it works fine, I have windows 8 on both computers and the User account control settings are the same on both, I had my I.T.  guy in today he spent most of the day looking at it and he’s gone home with a head ache, do you have any ideas how to sort this without turning U A C control.

Thanks Jeff

• 14. Re: XAMPP Problem

You might have better luck with wamp server, I don't know.   But it sure sounds like a windows UAC issue and I'm not sure any server is going to run unless you give it full admin level permissions.

Nancy O.

• 15. Re: XAMPP Problem
                                      Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi Nancy I noticed this today it’s to do with the MySQL PHPmyadmin when I tried to open it I got this error I attached a picture this was its content it may not show well in the picture:

#2002 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

The server is not responding (or the local server's socket is not correctly configured).

Do you think my problem may have something to do with this.

Regards Jeff

• 16. Re: XAMPP Problem

Yes.  Server not responding is a major problem.

Nancy O.

• 17. Re: XAMPP Problem
                                          Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi Nancy I must admit this problem is driving me around the bend?, Sorry to keep pestering you but I don’t seem to have anywhere else to go. I uninstalled and re-downloaded Dreamweaver and xampp I’ve managed to get Apache running on port 80 and things do look different on the pages in Dreamweaver now but it’s still not working, instead of getting a blank page I get this:

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the  <mailto:postmaster@localhost> webmaster.

Error 404

<http://localhost/> localhost

Apache/2.4.10 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1i PHP/5.6.3

I now think the problem may be in the body because in design view it shows these errors with the line around it with body in the top left corner but nothing else is in there only the errors,

I’ve tried change the include line by putting in “/” (’/includes/subscription’),  “./” (’./includes/subscription’) and (“./includes/subscription”) but neither worked.

Typical command line on this site is: <?php include('includes/subscription.php');?>

To be honest I don’t have a clue where the problem is, I’m pretty sure it’s not MySQL if I turn that off on my old computer all the stuff that needs to work works and when I turn if off on the new one everything is still the same.

There is however one difference between the two computers that I noticed yesterday, the old computer is running with Windows 8 and the new one with Windows 8.1 would this make a difference,

I even tried to run it with all of the windows protection turned off and that made no difference.

Hope you can help Jeff

• 18. Re: XAMPP Problem

Which version of PHP is running on xampp?

Which version of PHP do you have on your remote site?

Nancy O.

• 19. Re: XAMPP Problem
                                              Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi Nancy I don’t want to sound stupid but how do I find that out.

Jeff

• 20. Re: XAMPP Problem

Can you launch phpMyAdmin?

Or in Xampp task bar, click on PHP version?

Nancy O.

• 21. Re: XAMPP Problem
                                                  Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi Nancy I have php5.4.7 on the old computer and php5.6.7 on the new computer so I think I must assume that I have php5.4.7 on the remote site?.

Jeff

• 22. Re: XAMPP Problem

You can't assume anything.  Hosts upgrade their servers all the time (or at least they should).

Copy & paste this code into a new, blank document.  Save as php_test.php.  Upload to your remote server and view details in your browser.

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>PHP info</title>

</head>

<body>

<?php phpinfo() ?>

</body>

</html>

FYI, old server behavior code is not going to work on servers with php 5.5+  Since you have 5.6 locally, you've put another nail into the coffin for the deprecated server behavior connections. 

Nancy O. 

• 23. Re: XAMPP Problem
                                                      Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi Nancy that is version 5.5.17

http://www.thecarpetandflooringconsultant.co.uk/php_test.php

Jeff

• 24. Re: XAMPP Problem

You might want to try installing an older version from August or November that more closely resembles the 5.5.17 version on your remote server.

New XAMPP with PHP 5.5.15 and 5.4.31 versions

New XAMPP with PHP 5.5.19 & 5.6.3 versions

Or try WAMP server's php 5.5

WampServer, the web development platform on Windows - Apache, MySQL, PHP

Nancy O.

• 25. Re: XAMPP Problem
                                                          Jeffrey54 Lane Level 1

Hi Nancy thank you for that it’s getting a bit late now here in the UK so I will look at it in the morning, I think I will try the xampp 5.5.19 option first if that don’t work I think I will switch to WAMP.

I really appreciate your help on this

Thank you Jeff