2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2015 6:56 AM by johns99025116

Did the "add a signature" function disappear in Adobe XI?

johns99025116

I only see "fill & sign" button now, which only lets me sign with a certificate.  Can I no longer drop my signature in (like with the previous functions of the "sign" button)? 

• 1. Re: Did the "add a signature" function disappear in Adobe XI?
          IsakTen Level 4

Which Adobe product are you using, which version (including minor), which platform/OS/OS version? In my 11.0.10 version all signing options are present.

From your description it is difficult to ascertain what's going on. Do you have a PDF open? You cannot sign if you do not have a PDF to sign. You may have set (perhaps unwittingly) some preferences that cause this behavior. Could you provide a screenshot of what you see?

• 2. Re: Did the "add a signature" function disappear in Adobe XI?
            johns99025116 Level 1

I also have 11.0.10 installed.  It is on my work computer, so I don't have any control over preferences.  I contacted our IT and they don't have a clue (they basically can't find anywhere that you could turn them on/off), which is why I turned to this forum.  When I open a PDF to insert my signature, like I have for years now, it only has 2 buttons in the top right: "fill & sign" and "comments".  The first only allows me to either "sign with certificate" or add a "time stamp".   See below.