2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2015 7:43 PM by Rick Gerard

im having trouble making my 3d layer object follow a mask path

tiki_leigh

the object is not created as a solid, it was imported and dragged down as a psd file. i have done the pen tool path, pressed mask path, edit, cut, positiom, edit paste. even the transform, auto orient, and along path. i need help.

• 1. Re: im having trouble making my 3d layer object follow a mask path
          KoMaruyama Adobe Community Professional

Your .psd file should operate the same way a solid will work.

The process you describe appears to be correct.

However, you might want to remember a couple of things about copy/pasting mask path data to position data.

• A mask path is 2 dimensional (no "z" value)
          • The mask is drawn to the surface of your .psd (or solid)
          • If you have a camera in your scene, the 3D object will recognize the camera, and the resulting animation may not line up with the 2D mask shape you drew originally.

Try one of these?

Turn off your camera in your scene. Does your .psd layer appear to follow the path when the camera is off?

Create a Null.  Copy & Paste the same data.  Does the Null follow the path correctly?   Is it possible that the anchor point for your .psd  layer has been edited?

Is the 3D layer not facing the desired AUTO ORIENTATION along the path?  Adjust the Orientation values for the layer.  It will still auto-rotate with the path direction, but with your custom orientation values.

• 2. Re: im having trouble making my 3d layer object follow a mask path
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Maybe this will help. Instead of using the camera has the target of your paste use a null or a solid or any other layer.