2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2015 2:21 PM by badluckbritt

Photoshop CC program error when opening or placing files. VERY FRUSTRATING PLEASE HELP.

Cyclefitness

I'm an advertising graduate student that relies heavily on Adobe programs for my multiple simultaneous projects throughout the school year, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Muse, Edge Animate and Premiere Pro.

I'm using a MacBook Pro running OS X Yosemite.

I have been experiencing an incredibly frustrating issue with Photoshop and Muse, both CC 2014. I'll speak about Photoshop in this thread since, well, this is a Photoshop forum. This has been happening for almost a year now. I figured Adobe would've fixed this problem by now, especially given the myriad of crash reports I send.

While working in Photoshop, sometimes when I go to place a file I get an error message that says "Could not complete your request because of a program error." It used to be that this error was fatal and I would have no other choice but to force quit out of Photoshop and restart it. We all know how incredibly time-consuming it is for Photoshop to open (especially 10-15 times in one sitting), and being in grad school, time is not something I have a lot of when I have deadlines and projects due.

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 10.02.40 PM.png

This error is still happening and for the same reasons; however, now I can still continue to work on my file, as long as I don't need to open a document or place an image...which doesn't help very much because I'm doing a lot of mockups and composites and need those functionalities. It happens probably 90% of the time when I try to place or open a document.

For the record, it's a similar issue that's causing Muse to crash as well. When I try to add an image file, it causes the entire program to crash "unexpectedly," as Muse so eloquently puts it.

Until recently I had kept CS6 on my hard drive and would dig it out to use in place of CC when PSCC would crash; however, someone told me that having both versions was likely the cause for the crashes. After much hesitation, I finally uninstalled all of CS6 from my hard drive the other day (the right way, not into the trash can, since someone is inevitably going to ask that question) and I'm still having this problem, and now I don't have my CS6 version to fall back on and now I'm in a really bad spot.

I apologize for all the rambling, but I'm really very, very frustrated with this error, and I had to do something while waiting for Photoshop to restart. Someone please help.