1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2015 6:10 AM by deepakg1988

Someone is using Photoshop CC on Windows 8.1 tablet (Atom Cpu)?

davidepsy

Hi,

I would buy a little 8 inch Tablet with Atom quadcore and 2gb of ram (Windows 8.1).

It's similar to a toy, I know, but I need a little and economic thing when I'm travelling out of my country.

In practice I'll use this device with Camera Raw or Lightroom for simple adjustments and obviously to storage pictures using external hard drive or cloud (if internet is good enough).

I would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback using this type of devices with Photoshop or Lightroom.

Thank You in advance.

• 1. Re: Someone is using Photoshop CC on Windows 8.1 tablet (Atom Cpu)?
          deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi,

well for the Photoshop it is recommend to have 8 GB of rem for the smooth performance, bu the minimum is 2 GB required ,

it may work but the performance will be very poor and 3d and other graphics intensive feature inside the Photoshop will not work for sure.

and regarding the Lightroom as it is a atom processor and ;looking and the benchmark test result for that processor , it should work fine

but not as fast as compared to a regular laptop or desktop, and again if we are importing a large number of images at the same time the performance may degrade