3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2006 8:35 PM by Newsgroup_User

Computer Contents in File List

kdidday
      My file list now contains all of the items and files in my computer, including all materials on my back-up hard drive and the network. How do I delete this from the file list.
        • 1. Re: Computer Contents in File List
          Level 7
          Clarify please?
          Is it an item in the Files named "Computer" that when expanded shows the
          machine's contents? That's normal. It's to browse to and select or copy
          items outside of the Local Site Folder.

Or- is it possible you've set the root level of the hard drive as this
          site's "Local site Folder" ??

> My file list now contains all of the items and files in my computer, including
          > all materials on my back-up hard drive and the network. How do I delete this
          > from the file list.

• 2. Re: Computer Contents in File List
            kdidday Level 1
            I am new to Dreamweaver 8 but there is s drop down menu under file. The drop down is titled computer and when the drop down is open my options are Macintosh HD, PSP5000 (which is my back-up drive) and network. Separated by a line is manage sites. Does this help?
            • 3. Re: Computer Contents in File List
              Level 7
              That's normal- it belongs there. ignore it or use when it's handy.

It's use is to find and copy files that are outside of the Local site folder
              while staying inside of dreamweaver.

If it wasn't there- you'd have to go to the Desktop or My Computer, browse
              to the file, copy it, browse to the Local Site Folder, paste, then go back
              into dreamweaver.

suggestion- go to the Help menu-->Using Dreamweaver-->the dreamweaver
              workspace or similar wording.

> I am new to Dreamweaver 8 but there is s drop down menu under file. The drop
              > down is titled computer and when the drop down is open my options are
              > Macintosh
              > HD, PSP5000 (which is my back-up drive) and network. Separated by a line is
              > manage sites. Does this help?
              >