• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Here's a strange one...I have 16.0.0.305, but not always?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly started getting notes flash up telling me I needed Flash Player to access a particular function on my PC. Strange, I thought, I always keep it up to date.

Long story short, I have endlessly updated, checked it's getting past my anti-virus etc, checked it's working...it's is. Yet now I have a non-conformist printer refusing

to co-operate because 'I need to install Flash Player'.

I have 16.0.0.305 version downloaded...everything is working fine, except for my printer now. The msg says that I don't have the correct version for IE. But I don't use IE, I use Firefox, and my printer has

worked perfectly up to this point. I use Windows 7.

The error msg is:

Your version of Macromedia Flash ActiveX Control isn't compatible with this version of Windows.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Responses/survey.aspx/20691/9/2/embeded

I don't quite know what to do now as, apart from the printer telling me to install Flash Player, Flash Player is performing perfectly. Any IT sleuths there that can suggest next step?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Well, I'm going to answer my own post here. After hitting google and discovering I'm not alone in this issue, I found the answer.
Go to: Thank you for downloading DownloadX ActiveX Download Control from CNET Download.com
Install Active X.

Lord knows how it dropped out....but it's back and all is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I'm going to answer my own post here. After hitting google and discovering I'm not alone in this issue, I found the answer.
Go to: Thank you for downloading DownloadX ActiveX Download Control from CNET Download.com
Install Active X.

Lord knows how it dropped out....but it's back and all is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines