• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MSI Installers for FlashPlayer Fail - Solution

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've begun to see an issue with FlashPlayer MSI installer via Group Policy is failing with active_x and plugin versions.  The non-MSI installer will install Flash, but this is not maintainable.  FlashPlayer is uninstalled according to Windows Add/Remove Programs.  I have downloaded/run the uninstall program that Adobe provides.  I have followed the steps in the document where you can manually delete the files as documented in Uninstall Flash Player | Windows.

I ran the MSI interactively and learned that this silly installer is looking for the MSI for versions 12 and 15 of FlashPlayer.  Yeah, installers long gone in a world of 60 day retention policies.  I copied the MSI to the names that were being looked for by the installer, but that didn't work.  So, I did a search the file names in the registry and found entries for these under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT Hive.  Deleted and all is well... Shame the uninstaller program that Adobe provides does not really and truly uninstall all traces of the software...

Windows 7 x64

FlashPlayer 16, but the issue began back on 15

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines