2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2015 7:24 PM by John Mensinger

    how do magazine covers do this?


      Hello everyone.  Bit of a stupid newbie question here, I'm just wondering if someone can tell me how magazines do something like this, where they have a person on a layer on top of the magazine name header (Cooking Light & Elle in the examples below).


      My first assumption was they would just cut the person out of the original background and then place it on top of the new background.  But then I thought maybe they leave the original background in, and just cut the "background" parts out, i.e., of the n, g, L and i in "Cooking Light."


      I'd love to know what PS technique they use to make something like this.  many thanks in advance!