4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2007 7:58 AM by Newsgroup_User

aarg! Why does my Text keep shrinking?

yappityya[
      When re-opening a file after saving my work, all of my 12 point VERDANA fonts suddenly appear as 11.94. If i click on some text, and then click out into a different text box, the word will go from all CAPS to lowercase and shrink further to 11.34.

I have to select each capitalized word in my png file and change it back to 12 point font and retype the word in all caps. If i save the file and then re-open the file, VIOLA! back to 11.94. Furthermore, Clicking within the text reduces it from all caps to lowercase (ctrl-z won't bring it back to CAPS) and i have to start all over again.

The png file being discussed is a photoshop file given to me by an ad agency. I've opened it up into Fireworks 8 on my PC running XP. (dual core 2 gigs ram)

've searched for a solution high and log and can't find any documentation on this so i'm assuming it is a setting on my pc. I havent' tweaked the preferences at all, i installed adobe creative suit and macromedia studio on a fresh OS and didn't touch the preferences or options at all.

I'm at my wits end, an anyone help me? I've been doing this for several weeks now and am facing a deadline and am about to flush my head down the toilet.

• 1. Re: aarg! Why does my Text keep shrinking?
          Level 7
          Don't exactly know what the mystery is.

1. Does the ad agency use Mac's?
          2. Do you have the same fonts installed as the ad agency?

yappityya[ wrote:
          > I'm at my wits end. I have a photoshop file given to me by an ad agency. I've
          > opened it up into Fireworks 8 on my PC running XP. (dual core 2 gigs ram) All
          > of my 12 point fonts suddenly appear as 11.94. If i click on some text, and
          > then click out into a different text box, the word will go from all CAPS to
          > lowercase and shrink further to 11.34. I have to select each capitalized word
          > in my png file and change it back to 12 point font and retype the word in all
          > caps. If i save the file and then re-open the file, VIOLA! back to 11.94.
          > Clicking within the text reduces it from all caps to lowercase (ctrl-z won't
          > bring it back to CAPS) and i have to start all over again. I've been doing
          > this for several weeks now and am facing a deadline and am about to flush my
          > head down the toilet.
          >
          > Can anyone help me. I've searched for a solution high and log and can't find
          > any documentation on this so i'm assuming it is a setting on my pc. I havent'
          > tweaked the preferences at all, i installed adobe creative suit and macromedia
          > studio on a fresh OS and didn't touch the preferences or options at all.
          >
          >
          >
          • 2. Re: aarg! Why does my Text keep shrinking?
            Level 7

When you save the file, are you saving it as a PSD or as an FW PNG file?

--
            Jim Babbage - .:CMX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.

Community MX
            Extending Knowledge, Daily
            http://www.communityMX.com/
            ---
            .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
            news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
            news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver

Alex Mariño wrote:
            > Don't exactly know what the mystery is.
            >
            > 1. Does the ad agency use Mac's?
            > 2. Do you have the same fonts installed as the ad agency?
            >
            >
            >
            > yappityya[ wrote:
            >> I'm at my wits end. I have a photoshop file given to me by an ad
            >> agency. I've opened it up into Fireworks 8 on my PC running XP.
            >> (dual core 2 gigs ram) All of my 12 point fonts suddenly appear as
            >> 11.94. If i click on some text, and then click out into a different
            >> text box, the word will go from all CAPS to lowercase and shrink
            >> further to 11.34. I have to select each capitalized word in my png
            >> file and change it back to 12 point font and retype the word in all
            >> caps. If i save the file and then re-open the file, VIOLA! back to
            >> 11.94. Clicking within the text reduces it from all caps to lowercase
            >> (ctrl-z won't bring it back to CAPS) and i have to start all over
            >> again. I've been doing this for several weeks now and am facing a
            >> deadline and am about to flush my head down the toilet.
            >>
            >> Can anyone help me. I've searched for a solution high and log and
            >> can't find any documentation on this so i'm assuming it is a setting
            >> on my pc. I havent' tweaked the preferences at all, i installed adobe
            >> creative suit and macromedia studio on a fresh OS and didn't touch the
            >> preferences or options at all.
            >>
            >>
            >>
            • 3. Re: aarg! Why does my Text keep shrinking?
              yappityya[ Level 1
              I hadn't thought of asking about the Agency's computers. I know when i open the psd file in CS2, it says, "Some text layers might need to be updated before they can be used for vector based output. Do you want to update these layers now?"

at which point i said 'update'. After i added colors, changed text sizes, i save and close. Then Open Fireworks, open the psd file, take out what i don't need, and save as *.png. Then the aforementioned problem occurs, once i close the png and re-open.

• 4. Re: aarg! Why does my Text keep shrinking?
                Level 7
                Is it possible for you to post a link to the PNG file?

--
                Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
                Extending Knowledge, Daily
                http://www.communityMX.com/
                CommunityMX - Free Resources:
                http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
                ---
                .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
                news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
                news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver

yappityya[ wrote:
                > I hadn't thought of asking about the Agency's computers. I know when i open
                > the psd file in CS2, it says, "Some text layers might need to be updated before
                > they can be used for vector based output. Do you want to update these layers
                > now?"
                >
                > at which point i said 'update'. After i added colors, changed text sizes, i
                > save and close. Then Open Fireworks, open the psd file, take out what i don't
                > need, and save as *.png. Then the aforementioned problem occurs, once i close
                > the png and re-open.
                >
                >
                >
                >