3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 9:27 AM by A.T. Romano

Trouble playing narration with Video

madhus23758515

Hi All,

I am fairly new to the Adobe Premiere Elements. I have installed Version 13 and updated with latest patch updates on Windows 8.1 machine. My daughter was creating a video for a school project and we were able to add slides and narration. We then produced a video file and everything worked fine. She had to do some edits and add more slides and narration to the existing project. After she made the changes, Narration stopped playing with video. We tried to go back to an archive version, but had same issue with Narration. Narration file plays fine if I click on it and play it separately.

We tried putting audio and that works fine with the video.

Has any experienced this issue? Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks

Madhu

• 1. Re: Trouble playing narration with Video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

madhu

In what workspace are you working - Expert workspace or Quick workspace? Whichever, switch to the other to determine if

the issue still exists.

Also, try moving one of the narration clips that will not playback in the Narration Track to one of the numbered Audio Track in the

Expert workspace.

If still no go, the delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if necessary, the whole 13.0 Folder

in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders,

and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

Let us start here and then decide what next based on your results.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Trouble playing narration with Video
            madhus23758515 Level 1

Thanks ATR. While trying to move the Narration to Audio track I got run time exception. For now we moved the files physically to a separate location and created a new Project. It is working so far. I will try your other suggestion if we get into the same issue again.

Thanks for your help

Madhu

• 3. Re: Trouble playing narration with Video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Madhu

Thanks for the update and the good news that you are moving forward successfully with a new project and some adjustments to the workflow.

Great job.

We will be watching for further developments - as your schedule permits. But, looking and sounding good.

Best wishes

ATR