5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2015 9:21 AM by mb@mage.com

No photos found

mb@mage.com

I just moved from Aperture to Lightroom and I am in the process of importing my aperture catalog. However, when I try to import some photos from other folders on my hard drive I get the message "no photos found" even though there are photos in the folder.

Anyone familiar with what might be going on?

I have already seen the issue with xml file, but there are no xml files in the folder.

mb

• 1. Re: No photos found
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

How do you know there are photos in the folders you are trying to Import from. Are you looking at those folders with Win Explorer (Windows File Manager) or Finder (Mac OS X File Manager) and you see actual image files, Not Shortcuts or Aliases to the image files?

In the import dialog window make sure "Add" is selected at the top. Or if you actually want to "Move" or "Copy" them to some other folder make sure you have a destination selected.

With either the "Move" or "Copy" item selected you have to first select a Destination before any image will show up.

• 2. Re: No photos found
            mb@mage.com Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I now see that those files were old photoshop eps files, which seem to loose their suffix in mavericks and are not visible as images to lightroom--odd but true.

Now, I'm having problems with the search features. In the filters tag above the grid. I'm supposed to get options of "tex, attribute, metadata, and none" But what I actually get is "camera info, default columns, ...,filter off," and more but not text to search for name, number etc.

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong or why text, attributes etc are not there?

With thanks.

Mohammad

Mohammad Batmanglij

Mage Publishers | 202 342 1642 | mb@mage.com • www.mage.com

• 3. Re: No photos found

First thing to do is shut down Lightroom and Reboot your Mac. Then open Lightroom, Grid view in the Library module then hit the back slash key to turn the filter bar off then again to turn it back on.

In the options area, Far Right just to the left of the Lock icon, select Filters Off. You should then see the headings Text   Attribute   Metadata   None

• 4. Re: No photos found

Also make sure you don't have a Preset selected. Same options drop down at the bottom of the list.

• 5. Re: No photos found
                  mb@mage.com Level 1

Got it. Many thanks for the help.

Mohammad