6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2015 6:18 PM by ewood007

Polarize Filter

ewood007

Hello,

I'm looking for ideas to batch process photos with a polarizing filter effect.  I've got a bunch of interior shots with window glare and thought using a polarizing filter may work.  I'm open to other methods where I can batch process these images.

Thank you,

Ed

• 1. Re: Polarize Filter
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Ed can you clarify what you are hoping to achieve?  It sounds like you are trying to emulate the affect of a CPF in post, which, unfortunately, is not going to happen as far as reflections is concerned.  You can do that dramatic deep blue sky thing using the HSL sliders in ACR, or a Selective Color adjustment layer inside Photoshop, but reflections are a whole different story.

• 2. Re: Polarize Filter
            ewood007 Level 1

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, it has to do with interior pictures home homes and businesses where the windows have glare or foggy look.  I would like to clear the windows up in someway in a batch process.

Ed

• 3. Re: Polarize Filter

I think you are out of luck.  For a start you would need to make a selection of the window, and that is not going to happen in a batch process.  Then, even with a window selected, there is very little you can do to reduce the reflections.  You could fill with black to make it look dark outside, or paste an outside scene into the windows, but the only way to fix reflections is with careful cloning and hand painting, and that is a slow and laborious process.

Can you take the pictures again?

• 4. Re: Polarize Filter
                ewood007 Level 1

There's got to be a way if I use a CPL lens filter in a sense it mask the entire image so I need something that does the same in PS...

• 5. Re: Polarize Filter

What you have open in Photoshop are just pixels with brightness and colour values.  It's simply a raster bitmap image.  There is no such thing as a filter that will recognize a reflection, and as far as Photoshop goes, even recognize a window.

Upload one of the pictures and we can advise the best way to fix the reflections, but it won't be doable as batch process, and it won't be a quick and easy fix.

• 6. Re: Polarize Filter
                    ewood007 Level 1

ok thanks for the help for sure : )