14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2015 3:54 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 11 - Stabilizer Feature Problem

Watchingthecat

The stabilizer feature does not seem to work and sometimes hangs my system. I apply the feature then render the video. Once the rendering finishes (which can take up to an hour for a 3 minute video) I can no longer play the video. The audio plays, but not the video.

Am I missing a patch or update?

Thanks,

Susan

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 - Stabilizer Feature Problem
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Susan

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 working on?

There is no patch or update relating to the performance of Premiere Elements 11.

How much video stabilizing does your video need...a little, medium amount, a lot?

Have you found the backing off the settings a little has any impact on the situation? Have you explored and

experimented with lesser amounts of stabilizer to end up with better stabilization?

Of all the effects applied to a video clip, Stabilizer seems to require a considerably longer Timeline render time than other

applied effects.

If you are working on Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit and you already have Movie Maker 2012, you might want to look at its new

video stabilizer for comparison purposes.

Also, for comparison purposes, you may want to evaluate the tryout of Premiere Elements 13 with its new Shake Stabilizer. But, try it

before any purchase.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/shake-stabilizer.html

In the above link, please note the Adobe Recommendations for Using Shake Stabilizer at the bottom of the document.

Any questions or need clarification regarding the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11 - Stabilizer Feature Problem
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Susan

Thanks for the reply but for some reason your reply was posted without a message.

As your schedule permits, could you try again.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 11 - Stabilizer Feature Problem
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Susan

Thanks for the replies, but there continues to be no message in the reply.

If you are posting from a cell phone, when you get a chance, please try posting from your computer by

using your browser to access the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum where you sign in with your Adobe ID and Password,

and then navigate to this forum and your thread to post your reply.

If that does not work, then you might want to see if the Adobe Comments Forum has an answer for the posting problem.

Forum comments

Recently we had another posting issue like the one you are having. That is still unresolved.

We will be watching for your messages in the thread. If all else fails, we could try communicating in the Private Message System

until we find out what is happening in the posting in the thread way. To do that, click on my ID in one of the replies in this thread.

In my profile that opens, click on the orange envelope icon to send the email.

I am just a visitor here like you. I am not Adobe. Do not send any personal information. Only details of your Premiere Elements issue.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 11 - Stabilizer Feature Problem
                Watchingthecat Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thanks for your response. That's very odd. I did not reply until just now when I logged back onto my computer.

In any case here are the answers to some of your questions:

How much video stabilizing does your video need...a little, medium amount, a lot? I'm not sure, but a medium to high I would guess.

Have you found the backing off the settings a little has any impact on the situation? Have you explored and experimented with lesser amounts of stabilizer to end up with better stabilization? I am not aware of an option to increase or reduce the amount of stabilization applied to the clip. it's an option in the Effects menu that I drag and drop onto the video clip on the timeline. No other option are presented when I use it. Am I missing something? See screen shot below...

stabilizer.JPG

I am running Windows 7. My Movie Maker is version 2011. Maybe I'll try the stabilization feature in Movie Maker and then do the rest of the editing in Elements. I'm Just not sure that the file type produced/saved by Movie Maker will be recognized by Elements. Do you know?

I just had a peek at Premiere Elements 13 and it's shake stabilization feature. Looks like there are a lot more options with it. I just didn't want to upgrade right now.

My bigger concern was that my system is running out of memory when using this feature. I'm running it on a laptop with the following specs:

Thanks for help!

Susan

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 11 - Stabilizer Feature Problem
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Watching

Thanks for the reply with additional details.

Hoping that some of the answer, if not all, will come from knowing that you can edit the Stabilizer effect once it is dragged into the clip.

Select the Timeline clip to which you have applied the Stabilizer effect and go to

Applied Effects Tab

Applied Effects Palette

Stabilizer Panel expanded....should look like

12 Stabilizer.JPG

If you do have Movie Maker, it is the Movie Maker 2012 specifically installed on Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit that has a new

Stabilizer effect.

In Premiere Elements 12, once you have edited the effect, be sure to Timeline render to get the best possible preview of what you have (if you have not been

doing that already). Timeline rendering time for video with Stabilizer is much greater than that for video with other applied effects. So that

is "normal".

Please let us know if the Stabilizer editing improved the situation.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 11 - Stabilizer Feature Problem
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Watching

I think I have just lost you again. I just found a reply from you without message.

When your time permits, please try again.

Whatever you did for post 7, was a great post. So please refer to what you did then for posting.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 11 - Stabilizer Feature Problem
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Watching

Thanks for the replies.

Your replies are continuing to get posted without a message in the reply. Please try again

according to how you posted post 7 which was a success.

As your schedule permits.....

If the re-try turns out the same as the last few tries have, then please send me a private message so that I can find out if the

troubleshooting is working. To do that, please click on my ID at the top of any of the replies in this thread.

That will bring up my profile. In the profile page there is an orange envelope icon to the right of the page.

Click on that to open to Adobe private messaging to send me your message on what is happening with

your Stabilizer troubleshooting.

I am just a user, not Adobe. So, I cannot correct posting issues. This idea is only to keep you moving forward with your projects

until the posting matter can be addressed by you and the Adobe management team.

Thank you.

ATR

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 11 - Stabilizer Feature Problem
                        Watchingthecat Level 1

I really appreciate your help, but I'm still having the same issues no matter what I try. I may just have to upgrade.

Not sure what all the blank replies are. They weren't from me.

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements 11 - Stabilizer Feature Problem
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Susan

Thank for the reply.

I am not sure what is going on at the web site level with the posts, but glad you posted today.

If you do decide to look at the Shake Stabilizer in Premiere Elements 13, please look at the free 30 days Premiere Elements 13 tryout before purchase

to assure that the program is compatible with your computer environment and project goals. Give the

program the free 30 days workout.

This is the Adobe document on the Premiere Elements 13 Shake Stabilizer.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Stabilize video footage with Shake Stabilizer

I posted the link to it earlier in the thread, but I am posting it here again for your convenience.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions about your Premiere Elements workflows. We are glad for the

opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR