1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2015 7:27 PM by A.T. Romano

Will Premiere Elements 13 read DPX video files?

351mustang Level 1

I have some movie film I need transferred to 5K, and they can save the file as a 5K 16 Bit DPX file. They can also save it at 10 bit if 16 bit won't work. Will Premiere Elements 13 read either of these files at the full 5K resolution?

• 1. Re: Will Premiere Elements 13 read DPX video files?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

35mustang

If we were just looking only at 5K (5120 x 2800) resolution, I would think yes for import. But in the DPX format I think not since I do not see that as a import supported format.

From the point of view of export of that resolution, I think not even using the XAVC-S 4K export opportunity (3840 x 2160)  and trying to customize them under the Advanced Button/Video Tab export settings. You can customize/increase the 3840 x 2160 resolution slightly in Advanced setting but not to 5120 x 2880.

I do not work with 5K DPX so I cannot give you a first hand opinion. My first impression would be No to your question.

Have you downloaded and installed the tryout version of Premiere Elements 13 to determine the program's compatibility with your computer environment and project goals.

ATR.