3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2015 9:05 AM by A.T. Romano

adobe premere element 13 (why won't my edits save when i rip them from my dvd writer?

coachsw1030

I just purchased adobe element for the purpose of ripping dvd and making highlight films for my football players. i have been trying to rib a dvd and save it and comeback later and edit some more but every time i come back my footage says offline or media offline and I have no clue what to do. please help

• 1. Re: adobe premere element 13 (why won't my edits save when i rip them from my dvd writer?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

coachsw

Are you putting your DVD disc in the burner tray, opening Premiere Elements 13 to its Expert workspace and using Add Media/"DVD Camera or computer drive"/VIdeo Importer.

What are you doing after you get to Video Importer - saving your DVD-VIDEO's video files VTS_01_1.VOB and series and adding to Timeline. Where is the DVD disc and where are you when you get the offline messages - in the Video Importer or within a project to which you have added one or more of your vob files?

Are you moving, deleting, renaming files and folders once you get the vobs into the project and save close the project?

I will comment later in the morning. Need to call it a day.

ATR

• 2. Re: adobe premere element 13 (why won't my edits save when i rip them from my dvd writer?
            coachsw1030 Level 1

thanks for the info. I'm just saving the project so maybe thats why. i will try to follow the step that you have given me and i will get back to you later. thanks again

• 3. Re: adobe premere element 13 (why won't my edits save when i rip them from my dvd writer?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

coachsw1030

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to your results.

A just in case mention when you are working with one DVD disc after another....

In the Video Importer, you designate a Save In location for the copies(ripped) DVD-VIDEO video files (vob). Each of your DVD disc will use

the same name for its files....so disc 1 will start with the specifically named VTS_01_1.VOB as will all subsequent DVD discs. When you get to the

second DVD disc and are in the Video Importer with the same Save In location, you are going to get a message that the files have already been imported

when they have not for this second disc.

What you were doing in that case was trying to save a file with the same name to the same place.

Solution is to plan vob save stragegy

a. Setting a new save location for each DVD

or

b. Moving the vob from Disc 1 to another save location

or

c. Other

Any questions about this please let me know.

Thank you.

ATR