Exit

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Here's the full situation....

- I used to use an old adobe ID, to an email address I won't have anymore.

- I unauthorized my computer, then uninstalled Adobe ADE. I even removed a folder from the registry, on Kobo's instructions.

- I reinstalled Adobe ADE, then authorized it with the NEW adobe ID.

- Since the books still wouldn't work, I contacted Kobo (several times).

- Kobo reauthorized my account to work with the new adobe ID.

- I was able to download about half of my books and have them work with the new adobe ID...but the other half still don't work, and are still getting the E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER error.

- I discussed this with Kobo (again) and they said my account shows it should work for those books, and I should contact Adobe.

- I chatted with someone on the Adobe chat, who told me how to authorize my computer (which has definitely been done, with the new ID), and then they sent me to these forums.

So.... can anyone help me?  I have nearly 500 books with Kobo...I tried downloading 70 of them, and 39 of them didn't work, whereupon I decided I'd better find more help. 

Thank you so much for your time!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Below given the Joint Account workflow information.

Before joining accounts

Device 1

Device 2

Activated with User1 (Vendor ID)

Activated with User2 (Adobe ID)

URLLINK_1.acsm file fulfilled using User1

URLLINK_2.acsm file fulfilled using User2

Book1 downloaded

Book2 downloaded

Join Accounts using the portal: http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/en/JoinAccountLoginForm.jsp

After joining accounts

Device 3

• Copy Book1 & 2 to Device 3
  • Copy URLLINK_1.acsm & URLLINK_2.acsm to Device 3

1. S. NO

Scenarios

Expected Results

• Ope

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried one more time to uninstall Adobe ADE and reinstall, still no luck.  83 out of 140 books (so far) haven't downloaded.

Forgot to mention, I'm on Windows 8.1, using Adobe ADE Version 3, since I heard Kobo doesn't work with the newest version.  I will be putting these on my Kobo Glo, but not until I can get everything downloaded to begin with. : )

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In this situation, you can join your old adobe id and new adobe id.

Once both the accounts are joined, you can access all the books:

Adobe eBook Platform - Account Synchronization

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I've done this now...but it didn't help, at least not yet?

Does it take any time for this to take effect? Or do I have to unauthorize/reauthorize again, or reinstall?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When "E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER" error is thrown?

Ans: When user fulfilled the ACSM file using User1 and again trying to fulfill using User 2. Since the activation information is cached in the ACS, the refulfillment using different user credential will fail.

For example, if you have fulfilled few books already using your old account, you can fulfill the same again using you new account. Even though you have joined the accounts, to refulfil you have to make the corresponding account as default account in ADE to refulfill the book.

In your case, please set your old account as default account to fulfil the books.

How to set the default account?

1) Select Help--> Authorization Information menu item

2) Click Change Default ID button

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 3.51.23 pm.png

3) Choose the user who had fulfilled the ACSM earlier.

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 3.51.31 pm.png

4) Click Change to make the selected user as Default user.

Hope this solves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very weird...  my "Computer Authorization" screen only shows one Adobe ID is authorized, even though I used the account synchronization step that Shreya suggested (and checking that again shows they are synced still).  So, there's nothing for me to select.  Is there any reason the synchronization wouldn't be showing up in my ADE?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below given the Joint Account workflow information.

Before joining accounts

Device 1

Device 2

Activated with User1 (Vendor ID)

Activated with User2 (Adobe ID)

URLLINK_1.acsm file fulfilled using User1

URLLINK_2.acsm file fulfilled using User2

Book1 downloaded

Book2 downloaded

Join Accounts using the portal: http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/en/JoinAccountLoginForm.jsp

After joining accounts

Device 3

• Copy Book1 & 2 to Device 3
  • Copy URLLINK_1.acsm & URLLINK_2.acsm to Device 3

1. S. NO

Scenarios

Expected Results

• Open Book1 using the reader.
  • Reader will prompt for authorization.
  • Enter valid credentials of User1

Both the accounts will be synched and reader will be activated. Able to read the book.

User1 will be set as default user.

• Open Book1 using the reader.
  • Enter valid credentials of User2

Both the accounts will be synched and reader will be activated. Able to read the book.

User1 will be set as default user.

• Open URLLINK_1.acsm
  • Enter valid credentials of User1

Reader will be activated with User1.

Fulfillment will happen successfully.

Accounts will not be synched.

• Open URLLINK_1.acsm
  • Enter valid credentials of User2

Reader will be activated with User2.

Fulfillment will fail. (Since the activated information is cached in the ACS server).

Accounts will not be synched.

Hope this explains when the account will be synched and when user can open then books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't have joint accounts. i have 1 computer. 1 account. i added a book yesterday it was an acsm file. ade can't open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, my Adobe can now be authorized to both of my accounts... I still can't READ them all on one account, but at least I can get them downloaded now.  That's a good start, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me.  Still coming up with that error mesage when I try and open a book in the programme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that sounds all good and all but I only have the one account and i still can't open my books. and it JUST started happening. i was able to open all of the acsm files on my computer two weeks ago. then last Wednesday i started getting that error message. what's going on and how can i fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need help on this.

I have synched my new and old accounts.  I have a new laptop so I uninstalled everything from my old one, therefore my old laptop is no longer authorised.

I have authorised and unauthorised both my accounts on the new laptop and I still cant download my books from my Kobo account.  I'm not worried about downloading previous books as they are on my device but I have new books waiting to download.

It is very annoying and don't know what else to do.

Can I also add that I regularaly get a message saying that Adobe Digital Editions version 4.0 has stopped working and then it closes.  This happened on my old laptop also.  Is there a glitch with this version and thats why books won't work?

please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please download the latest ADE 4.0.3.114137 and try.

http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html

Also let us know the exact error message you are getting on ADE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This app is garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines