8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 7:57 AM by A.T. Romano

premier elements 10. Quits when opening "get files from..."

luiscue

How do I fix this issue: APE10 open, sets up a new project, but when I try to "get files" from "files an folders" it quits.

Thanks

• 1. Re: premier elements 10. Quits when opening "get files from..."
          A.T. Romano Level 7

luiscue

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on? And, the most important introductory question "What video card/graphics card does your computer use?"

NVIDIA GeForce?

Is this a "it worked before but not now issue" or "it never worked before" type?

If it worked before, how long ago?

Let us start here and then we can decide what next in the way of troubleshooting strategy. Lots more questions, dependent on your answers to the above.

We will be watching for your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: premier elements 10. Quits when opening "get files from..."
            luiscue Level 1

OS 10.10.2

It worked well 3 months ago. First time it has done it.

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeFORCE 9400M 256MB

• 3. Re: premier elements 10. Quits when opening "get files from..."
              A.T. Romano Level 7

luiscue

There is a serious known issue with Premiere Elements 10 on a computer that uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card. The answer to date has been to roll back

the driver version to about May 2013. There is an Announcement at the top of this forum about all this, and much more information to be found elsewhere

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

I am not sure if an automatic update of the driver version may have taken the driver version from the much older date to current version which is triggering your present situation.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user so I am not sure if the following NVIDIA GeForce 9400 M driver version would work in your Mac computer environment.

GeForce 320.49 May 23, 2013. The following is the NVIDIA GeForce 9400 M but listed on Windows

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

The other consideration is the use of Premiere Elements 10 OS10.10.2. I have not seen any reports confirming that Premiere Elements 10 is compatible with OS 10.10.2.

But then again, you report "It worked well 3 months ago. First time it has done it." Where you using the same operating system then as now?

You can also factor into all this the usual drill considerations...

a. Are you working with a pen and tablet device instead of mouse?

b. Does the problem exist with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

c. Have you deleted the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

Users/Owner/Libraries/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/10.0

d. Is the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer?

Please review and consider and then we can discuss this further.

Thank you for the follow up.

ATR

Add On..Since I am strictly an Elements Windows user, please indicate anywhere in the above where the question would not be applicable to Mac.

• 4. Re: premier elements 10. Quits when opening "get files from..."
                luiscue Level 1

Technical support at Adobe sent me to the Forum to get help with my issue because they don't have technical support for their products

Amit Kumar: You need to go to forums.adobe.com regarding technical issues.

Luis Cuenca: I did go to forums and the only person that responded was a windows one, not a mac.

Luis Cuenca: you can't help me?

Amit Kumar: We do not have chat support regarding technical issues.

So

A.T. Romano's suggestions did not solve the issue.

Do I have to reinstall

and

Will that solve the issue?

Thanks

• 5. Re: premier elements 10. Quits when opening "get files from..."
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

luiscue

Disappointing news. I had not realized that Ask the Community is now the sole avenue for Premiere Elements technical support.

Nonetheless, let us see what we can do.

1. Does your computer use a NVIDIA Ge Force video card/graphics card? If not, that is out of the way. If your Mac computer does use a NIVIDIA GeForce card, then that is a troubleshooting target in view of the specific Photoshop Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce situation.

2. Did you rule out the following

a. Are you working with a pen and tablet device instead of mouse?

b. Does the problem exist with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

c. Have you deleted the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

Users/Owner/Libraries/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/10.0

d. Is the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer?

3. Have you gone through

a. uninstall

b. free ccleaner run through

CCleaner - Download

c. reinstall with antivirus and (if applicable) firewall(s) disabled.

4. If all else fails, for troubleshooting purposes only at this time, consider downloading and

installing the free 30 days tryout of Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe. This a win win situation which is hoped

to point to either your computer or to the programs.

Please consider.

ATR

• 6. Re: premier elements 10. Quits when opening "get files from..."
                    luiscue Level 1

ATR

Thank you

After going through all your suggestions, at the end I had to uninstall and install

It's working fine now

Thanks for taking the time to help (something Adobe doesn't do anymore for their "older" versions)

As you perfectly stated

"... Ask the Community is now the sole avenue for Premiere Elements technical support."

Luis

• 7. Re: premier elements 10. Quits when opening "get files from..."
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Luis

Thanks for the update. We are so pleased to learn of your success.

Your follow up is appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: premier elements 10. Quits when opening "get files from..."
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

In post numbered 5 to Luis, I mention

in view of the specific Photoshop Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce situation

the should have been

in view of the specific Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce situation.

I cannot get into the post to make the correct. Otherwise everything else (details) stays as written for Premiere Elements issue.

ATR