3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2015 2:36 PM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 13 GPU support and 64-bit performace?

Luxius

Hi,

I use PRE PRE 11 that doesn't suport GPU hardware acceleration ( CUDA or OPEN GL) Is GPU-assisted rendering enable in new Premiere Element 13 or still not?

Additionally... I can't see a diference in operating, better performace or faster rendering proces on my machine with Windows 8/64  between PRE v.11 and v.13 although the second one is 64-bit native aplication. Why is that?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 GPU support and 64-bit performace?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

GPU-assisted rendering is not a feature of Premiere Elements 13.

Premiere Elements is a pretty efficient program that tends not to grab a lot of RAM, where you'd see your biggest performance boost in 64-bit. But the 64-bit architecture does give it room to grow.

Meantime, remember that performance is a combination of several factors, including, most importantly:

* The speed of your processor

* The format, resolution and codec of your source video

* The length of your project and/or the individual clips that make up that project

* Ho much RAM you have, particularly between 4 and 8 gigs

* Your Premiere Elements project settings and how closely they match your source video

* How many effects, titles and other non-rendered items you add to your movie

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 GPU support and 64-bit performace?
            whsprague Level 4

My computer has a GPU and I have been disappointed that PrE does not seem to take advantage of it.  For an experiment I bought a competitive video editor that does have GPU use options.  I put a batch of clips into both and was amazed to see no significant difference in performance.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 GPU support and 64-bit performace?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That's interesting, Bill!

My guess would be that, unless you're working on a really high-end video, GPU rendering and 64-bit architecture with tons of RAM aren't going to make huge differences in your editing performance. Not nearly as much a difference as a good, fast processor anyway.

I dropped a new power supply and high end graphics card into my computer last year and it really had no noticeable effect on my AVCHD video editing. But boy could I feel the difference when I started doing effects editing in After Effects and HitFilm!