1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2015 9:17 PM by JimHess

LR develop module disabled/Creative Cloud App crashing

juliel54541882

Hello everyone.  The Lightroom develop module will is not functioning for me.  It only give me the message "The develop module is disabled.  Please restart Lightroom to sign into creative cloud."  When I try and sign into my Creative Cloud app, it will not open.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled CC twice and tired restarting Lightroom with no resolution.  I'm using LR 5.7.1 on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.10.2 .  I've purchased my licenses outright to LR5 and CS5 and so do not have a creative cloud membership, and am not currently planning to upgrade.  I downloaded the creative cloud app in order to download Lightroom and PS when I purchased a new computer.  Any help appreciated, thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: LR develop module disabled/Creative Cloud App crashing
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you don't have a creative cloud subscription, then you can't download Lightroom from the creative cloud and install it! It doesn't work that way. In order for that installation of Lightroom to function properly you must have a currently paid creative cloud subscription. Otherwise, the develop module WILL be disabled. You must remove that installation of Lightroom from your computer and download and install from this website:

Adobe - Lightroom : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1

This is the trial version of the latest release for the Mac. After you install it and run the program, a trial screen will appear. One of the options is to indicate that you have a serial number. Choose that option, and you will be guided through the process of entering your serial number. In the future, do not try to download and use anything from the creative cloud unless you decide you are going to subscribe.

And you cannot use Photoshop from the creative cloud either. You have a license for CS5, which is old software that is not supported by Adobe anymore. Photoshop from the creative cloud is Photoshop CC, at least two major upgrades since what you are licensed to use. You will have to use the installation disk for Photoshop CS5. Then you can update the Camera Raw through the help menu. You will be able to update to Camera Raw 6.7. But that is as far as you can go. The creative cloud is totally irrelevant as far as you are concerned. Forget about it.