32 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 12:42 PM by A.T. Romano

How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker

That Girl

I edited the saturation/color of an AVI Clip in Adobe. I now need to use it in Windows Movie Maker. What format should I publish it in and what settings? I tried AVI, but it is out of sync with the audio when I put it in my Windows Movie Maker project. How do I fix this problem?

• 1. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
          A.T. Romano Level 7

that girl

What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system? Are you working with Movie Maker 2012 or other?

What kind of .avi are you starting with? DV.avi, MotionJPEG.avi, or other? What is the frame size and frame rate?

When you exported your Premiere Elements edited TImeline content, what preset and settings did you use for the .avi export that you tried.

You said that the export was out of sync in the Movie Maker. Was the export in sync when it was played back on a computer player before

you imported it into Movie Maker.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
            That Girl Level 1

Please give me an 800 number to call you. I don't understand these questions. Thanks.

• 3. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
              A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

Thanks for the reply. We are not Adobe. Rather user to user in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum where the frequency of the Adobe Staff and Pre_Help team is undefined.

We can help you in the threads or by the Adobe private system. The preferred route is via the threads where all learn and share.

What is it you do not understand in the questions. I think that we can clarify in the thread. Let us give that a try.

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? This information is needed

to give you details relative to your specific version...some details are common to all versions, some are not.

2. You wrote

I edited the saturation/color of an AVI Clip in Adobe

The file that you edited has properties, one of which is the file extension...in this case .avi. The file has other properties such as frame size, frame rate, and

the video compression that is used. If you do not know that information, telling us the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video would be a quick way to get at this information. This information is needed so that we can get the correct settings, import and export, that you seek.

You say that you exported a video from Premiere Elements and the audio and video did not match up in Movie Maker. So, we need to know the description of what you exported to Movie Maker....frame size, frame rate, video compression, file extension, etc. If you were using Premiere Elements 13/13.1, you exported Publish+Share/Computer/then what and then you made a choice under "Presets" there. What was that choice? We are asking for as much of those details as possible.

You are asking for

What format should I publish it in and what settings?

All of the above needs to go into answering that question so that you can move forward with your projects.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above questions. If not, please tell us specifically what is not understood.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                That Girl Level 1

Thank you for trying to help me. First off, I think Adobe should add an 800 number when they sell software to us. To answer your questions, everything I have is new. New Dell XPS 15 computer, New Adobe Premiere Elements 13, new Windows MovieMaker from Essentials download. I am now using Windows 8.1. The camera used was on my old computer, a Dell XPS 1645. I use 16:9 widescreen. I added the original AVI file into Adobe Premier Elements project. The color is edited and now looks better. Now how do I save it as a video file to use back in Windows Movie Maker - i.e. What format and what settings? The original file plays fine with audio matching in sync in in Windows Movie Maker fyi. BUT it does not play in sync in Adobe before or after I edit the color. Even if I render it. I have spent three weeks on what seemed like a simple thing to do with no success. I am hoping you can tell me what the presets should be. I am just guessing and am very confused by all this. Thanks.

• 5. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

Thanks for the reply.

Please evaluate the following Premiere Elements 13/13.1 export for the import into Movie Maker 2012.

Publish+Share

Computer

Windows Media

with Presets = WMV 720 x 480 16:9 29.97 (NTSC setup)

or

with Presets = WMV 720 x 576 16:9 25 (PAL setup)

Leave the default setting for the preset for now, and determine the Movie Maker import results.

If you do not see Windows Media in the list of Publish+Share/Computer/ choices, please use the thin

scroll bar to the right of the choices to scroll down to Windows Media toward the bottom of the list.

You might want to experiment with

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 NTSC DV Widescreen (NTSC setup)

or

with Presets = MP4 PAL DV Widescreen (PAL setup)

Leave the default setting for the preset for now, and determine the Movie Maker import results.

In Movie Maker, assure that under the Project Tab, you have the setting selected for Widescreen (16:9).

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                    That Girl Level 1

Thanks. I entered these options using NTSC since I am in USA. If you think I need to try PAL also, please let me know. In both cases, for the WMV file and the MP4 output, the voice remains out of sync in the clip. This is what I have been dealing with for three weeks. Why is Adobe software not working properly and how do I fix this? Thank you.

• 7. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

Thanks for the reply.

I was not sure if you were in the United States or not so I wrote the two choices. If you are in the United States then just use the NTSC settings.

Going back to the details that you posted in post 4...it sounds that your original .avi files may be coming from a web cam. If so,

when video is recorded by webcam, cell phone, and certain devices, the video is recorded with a variable frame rate instead of

a constant one. In this case, the frame rate during playback varies within a minimum and maximum and consequently is not the same for the whole duration

of the playback. Typically this is related to lighting conditions during the recording by the device. Premiere Elements does not do well with the

video recorded with the variable frame rate - best results with constant one. The problem can vary from audio out of sync to not being able to import the video into the Premiere Elements' project.

If this condition exists, one remedy is to convert the file's frame rate from variable to constant, using a free converter such as HandBrake.

https://handbrake.fr/

Depending on your reply to the above, we could give that a try to determine if that resolves the issue. This converter will give a H.264.mp4 file with a constant frame rate that you designate.

We will watch for your reply to the above to determine if variable to constant frame rate for your file is a possible solution to your issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                        That Girl Level 1

Thanks. I converted the file on Handbrake to Constant from Variable. I think you are right and that was the issue. I hope Adobe is paying you for your time. Now the sound is in sync. HOWEVER, when I fix the color edits and save the file as a WMV file, the quality of the video file that is produced by Adobe Premiere Elements is very poor and fuzzy. This is not good quality video at all compared to my original file. Do I need to modify settings to make it crystal clear like the original? Currently it is not a visual quality that is usable in my project.

• 9. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

Thanks for the great news of audio in sync.

We could look at the wmv file with a higher video bitrate (that is done by customizing the wmv preset under the preset's

Advanced Tab/Video Tab).

The default bitrate for the wmv in this case

Bitrate Encoding = VBR, 2 pass unconstrained

Average Video Bitrate Kbps = 1500

Change to Average Video Bitrate Kbps = 10000

(you could back down later for file size considerations)

Have you tried the

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 NTSC DV Widescreen

Looking forward to your results.

Best wishes.

ATR

Add On...No payments from anyone. Just a user to user sharing with the reward being knowing that you

are moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects. Trying to instill the can do when things look like cannot do.

• 10. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                            That Girl Level 1

Thank you for your input. You sound like a very nice person. I have tried these suggestions but the Quality of the Video is not getting much better. I looked at my calendar, and I started this simple editing project on January 4th, and I still can't edit a simple clip in Adobe Premiere Elements and then use it in Windows Movie Maker. ADOBE: What are the exact Publish settings to create a good quality clip for Windows MovieMaker?

• 11. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

Thanks for the follow up. The frequency of the Adobe presence in this forum is not defined. This is not Adobe. User to user forum which apparently has become the sole source of Adobe technical support for Premiere Elements, according to users who have been in contact with Adobe Chat seeking technical assistance for current as well as other versions.

At least one issue (audio out of sync) with your web cam video in Premiere Elements has been resolved with the suggested HandBrake way. When you generated that HandBrake H.264.mp4 with the constant frame rate for import into your Premiere Elements project, did you adjust the bitrate in the HandBrake Video Tab section before export of the H.264.mp4 with the constant frame rate so that the bitrate of that export would match that of your original?

handbrakebitrate.JPG

Please refer to Avg Bitrate (kbps) settings choice instead of Constant Quality. I have assumed that

you were familiar with the use of HandBrake since you did not ask questions about the use of the converter. So

I am asking now so as not to take anything for granted that would hold you back from success.

What is the bitrate of your original and what units (Mbps, megabits per second or Kbps or kbps, kilobits per second)?

The Windows Media and AVCHD settings are valid project settings to product high quality video in Premiere Elements from your source that you described.

The bitrate level involved should have been on the high side in Premiere Elements. So, I wondered if the intermediate HandBrake without bitrate adjust

might have influenced your subsequent results. Not sure, just want to rule it in or out.

What is the current workfow...

a. web cam original video

b. into HandBrake

c. into Premiere Elements for edits

d. export into Movie Maker

or other sequence of events?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Please confirm...your Premiere Elements project is SD project and not a HD project into which you are adding SD files.

• 12. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                That Girl Level 1

Thank you. I wish they were paying you. All I did was download Handbrake like you suggested and check off Constant. I did what you told me to do in your prior message on settings. No I am not familiar with Handbrake and I would never check off bitrate because you didn't tell me to. Please tell me exactly what to do. I am finding that Adobe Premier Elements video software is useless if they don't tell us how to use it. I can find no Instruction Manual on their site on how to do this. If there is a page, please tell me. I really need to get this clip saved in the proper settings so that it is usable and clear quality video. I am close to sending the software back to Adobe and telling them they shouldn't sell software without an 800 number for year one. I would like to add that the clip I created from Handbrake looks clear. The clip I published in Adobe is the blurry clip so that is where I need help. I assume my clips and projects are all HD, but I don't know how to check. One last point, it seems odd that when I go to Contact Us the Professionals get phone support but we don't. It is the people like us who need more assistance Adobe. Indeed this nice person helping me could be your first hire!

• 13. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

The following shows the settings that I am suggesting for HandBrake conversion of the variable to constant frame rate with all the other factors that tag along with that primary goal.

After you import your file into HandBrake

Source

File

Under the Picture Tab

That1.JPG

Under the Video Tab

That2.JPG

So, here is the suggested scenario

1. Web cam video into HandBrake for variable to constant frame rate

2. H.264.mp4 output from HandBrake taken into Premiere Elements project with an acknowledged project setting

NTSC DV Widescreen.

3. Export from Premiere Elements

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 NTSC DV Widescreen (NTSC setup)

or

Publish+Share

Computer

Windows Media

with Presets = WMV 720 x 480 16x9 29:97

Under Advanced Button/Video Tab change only to

Bitrate Encoding = VBR, 2 pass unconstrained

Average Video Bitrate (Kbps) = 10000

We can back off the bitrate in either case if the file size is too greater.

Important: Please confirm...it is my understanding that you have coming from that web cam

720 x 480 16:9 widescreen and have based my suggested on that start point.

Please review and consider and then let us see if any of the above has any impact on what you seek.

Best wishes

ATR

• 14. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                    That Girl Level 1

On Handbrake Video Tab, are you saying you want me to fill in Bitrate of 32000? If I do that it does not allow me to check the box underneath for 2-pass encoding. Also my Picture Tab has different numbers 1280 X 720 not 720 X 480. Are you saying you want me to change that too?

When I did Handbrake before the only thing I did was I checked off Contact Framerate Instead of Variable Framerate and everything played well in Adobe. The problem is when I then publish the file in Adobe settings it if blurry, so I think those are the settings I need help on. I have already tried your first Adobe suggestion. Do you want me to change the settings to 720 there too?

• 15. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

Thanks for the update. Sounds like we have some serious sync'ing to do.

At the onset, I asked about your video properties and you wrote back "16:9 widescreen". That read back to me as standard widescreen 16:9 which is

720 x 480 16:9 which includes that 16:9 flag. I went with that understanding, basing my details on that. If you really meant 1280 x 720 @ 29.97 progressive frame per second and same principles different numbers.

Mini recap...we have learned that HandBrake corrects your audio out of sync issue...fix conversion there from variable to constant frame rate.

But, the remaining issue was the not so crystal clear footage related to your project. The latest test was supposed to adjust the HandBrake bitrate to

determine if that would improve the subsequent video quality issues.

So, with that goal in mind, and adjusting numbers to match what you have

Setup and Picture Tab view

That Girl 1.JPG

Video Tab view

That Girl 2.JPG

Major change here is going to be you setting the Avg Bitrate (kbps) to 8000 or at least as high as your original

source file. We will take it higher if necessary if we can get away with increased file size that is associated with increasing

bitrate. What did you say was the bitrate of your original file that you want to take into Premiere Elements?

Please give the number and units for that, and we can convert kbps to Mbps or vice versa if needed. In HandBrake

they want the bitrate set in units of kbps which are kilobits per second.

Let me know if we are together on the plan.

Thanks for asking for clarification which was important to the troubleshooting.

ATR

Add On..before you bring that HandBrake adjusted video into Premiere Elements, make sure that your Premiere Elements project preset is NTSC AVCHD AVCHD LITE 720p30.

Either the project does it right (automatically) or you set the project preset manually. See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and readings for Editing Mode/Timebase/Frame Size/Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the field look grayed out). If set right for your video, it should look like

720p.JPG

• 16. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                        That Girl Level 1

Do you mean the Audio Bitrate? It says 1411 kbps

The Total Video Bitrate is 30046 kbps. I don't know which you mean?

• 17. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

Thanks for the follow up.

Video bitrate is for the Video Tab data.

That 30046 kbps would be equivalent to 30 Mbps.

If that 30046 is from the original file, then in my screenshot of the HandBrake Video Tab

change the 8000 kbps to 30046 kbps, If the file size of the HandBrake H.264.mp4 export is excessive

then we will lower the bitrate downward to get the file size into your wanted range with the quality

that you want. May take some quick try this and that to get the compromise between bitrate, file size, and quality.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above.

Thanks.

ATR

• 18. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                            That Girl Level 1

I redid the Handbrake like you said. Now I go to Adobe. Prior to importing the file, The Adobe project settings are 1920 by 1080. It does not allow me to edit them. Now what do I do?

• 19. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

Once you or the project establish the project settings, you cannot change them. You can view what you have in Edit Menu/Projects Settings/General but you cannot edit anything there worthwhile.

For now, open a new project, and do a mini test run to determine if this HandBrake convert will import and export and give you the file that you want for Movie Maker. The project preset for this new project should be NTSC AVCHD AVCHD LITE 720p30 (double check the Edit Menu/Project Settings/General as described before to make sure you have that project preset). If not, then you will need to set the project preset manually with File Menu/New/Project before you import the file into the project.

How does Premiere Elements bound H.264.mp4 from HandBrake play back on one of your computer players...good, great, or so so?

ATR

• 20. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                That Girl Level 1

You are confusing me. Where is Lite 720p30? I thought you wanted me to make it MP4- AVCHD NTSC Widescreen.

• 21. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

My goal from the beginning has been to take your original file and get it to import, edit, and export from Premiere Elements so that you can import that Premiere Elements export into your Movie Maker. To do that, I started with 720 x 480 16:9 and wanted to finish with 720 x 480 16:9 and my details followed that plan.

I based that on your report that you were working with 16:9 widescreen and were in the United States.

We got the audio out of sync issue resolved based on instructions going on that plan. But, quality issues persisted for you. To try to resolve both those issues, I asked you to do do video bitrate as well as the audio rate adjust in HandBrake. I wanted to make sure that the bitrate of the HandBrake export matched or was greater than the original.

At that point, you mention that your original was not 720 x 480 16:9 but rather 1280 x 720 16:9. At that point I adjusted the HandBrake instruction so that you would get from it a 1280 x 720 16:9 H.264.mp4 instead of a 720 x 480 16:9 H.264.mp4 file.

But, before introducing the the 1280 x 720 16:9 into Premiere Elements, I wanted to make sure that it play back correctly on a computer player.

That is where I left you last.

If looking good...then

This means that the Premiere Elements project that will be receiving this 1280 x 720 16:9 file which should have a corresponding project preset, namely NTSC

AVCHD AVCHD LITE 720p30. And, following to the export, the export should have the description for 1280 x 720 16:9.

If we are OK to this point of where we have been and where we are heading, I will be posting the details for the export

as a .wmv file and as a .mp4 file.

The bitrate increase and the use of a 1280 x 720 resolution (if that is what you have) rather than a 720 x 480 one (which you do not have) may account for some or all of the quality part of the issues.

ATR

• 22. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                    That Girl Level 1

There is no choice on my Premiere Elements for 720p30. To be clear, I never said my file was 720 by 480. That was your interpretation not mine. This is exactly why Adobe needs an 800 number. I am unable to clarify what you are asking. You are very nice and knowledgeable but unfortunately we have just wasted a week on this because it wasn't by phone.

• 23. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

At last contact, you were asked to confirm that you had produced your 1280 x 720 16:9 file and it was ready for import into Premiere Elements. You were to report back that you had, and then I was going to go over the Premiere Elements settings for import and export of that file.

Not sure where you are coming up with

There is no choice on my Premiere Elements for 720p30

Are you talking import or export...either way there is and I will point to them in the following....

1. Import - Project Preset NTSC AVCHD AVCHD LITE 720p30

The project does it automatically when you drag the video to the Timeline for the first time.

You check and make sure you see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General with readings as follows

720pGirl.JPG...

If you see Editing Mode = HD1080i, then the project has not been able to set the project preset correctly, and

you set it manually File Menu/New/Project before you import your 720p30 into the project.

2. Export - 720p30 choices

AVCHD 1280 x 720 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second (AVCHD.mp4)

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = Vimeo HD.

Do not be put off by the "Vimeo HD" just focus on the settings.

VimeoSub.JPG

I targeted this way so that you would use default settings and would not have to use Advanced settings under another preset

to get the 1280 x 720.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above.

ATR

• 24. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                        That Girl Level 1

When I click on New Project and then head to Project Settings-General, it does not allow me to change anything. As I told you before it says 1920 x 1080 and it does not allow me to change it. It says HD1080i in gray and does not allow any other choice. To be clear, I have not imported the file yet. and I am not able to modify ANYTHING. So to me your instructions don't seem to match my choices. Very frustrated.

• 25. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

The detailed plan is mapped out for you in post 23. If you follow it step by step, we should be able to get the best possible export from your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 8.1 64 bit. If the export is not good enough, there is no more than the program can give you with your web cam video as source. I will go over that again.

But first a reminder, you do not set project preset setting in Edit Menu/Project Settings/General. All you do there is to use it to confirm what you (manually) or the project (automatically) has set as the project preset.

Let us use the following as a check list which you can point to when you reach a step you cannot follow through on.

1. You have your AVCHD.mp4 source from HandBrake saved to the hard drive waiting to be imported into the Premiere Elements project.

2. You open Premiere Elements to the Expert workspace, go to Add Media/Files and Folder/ and browse to and select your HandBrake AVCHD.mp4 file which is sitting in the hard drive save location waiting to be imported in the project. The file arrives in Project Assets palette of the opened project. From there you drag the file to Video Track 1/Audio Track 1 of the Timeline. At that point, the project should set the correct project preset. If program has not set the project preset correctly, then, when you go to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General to check up on what it has done, you will not see 1280 x 720 in the Video Frame Size in that dialog.

That means you will need to set the project preset yourself manually. So, you click Cancel to the Projects Settings/General dialog to get out of there. And, you set the project preset manually File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings.

1. First thing you should see after clicking on File Menu/New/Project is

ChangeSettings1.JPG

Click on Change Settings in that New Project dialog as seen above.

2. In Change Settings, change the settings to NTSC/AVCHD/AVCHD LITE 720p30

Change Settings.JPG

Click OK to get out of the Change Settings dialog shown immediately above, and see the new project dialog again

in the next screenshot. In the new project dialog that you now are seeing, make sure that there is a check mark

next to "Force Selected Project Setting on this project". Click OK to get out of the New Project dialog and back

in the Expert workspace.

ITITIT.JPG

3. At this point, you use Add Media/Files and Folders to bring your AVCHD.mp4 source into Project Assets

from where you drag it to the Expert workspace Timeline Video Track 1/Audio Track 1.

Now you are ready for Edit, followed by export. What does the Timeline file look like and sound like in the

Edit area monitor playback?

Stop there and let us know if you have gotten through to the last step in this post. Once we are together on this up to

there, then on to export details which have already been described in detail in post 23.

ATR

• 26. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

I am just about to call it a day and was thinking about you and your project. Have you had any time to move forward with the plan detailed in posts 23 and 25?

You should be able to take this project to completion successfully with the detailed path that I have pointed you to.

There is no 800 number to Adobe for this type of situation, and I want you to succeed.

Here is my backup plan if problems continue. They should not, but.... See what you think.

If, by any chance, you have a problem getting beyond a certain step in the path detailed, could you send a small sample of your web cam from the web cam video

in a Dropbox link that you post in your thread. Once it is posted, I will download it from your post, and, from it, work through a project with it as the source.

This way we will not have to go back and forth if the the program's best possible settings just cannot produce the end product that you want, Working with the source

I should be able to figure out why not first hand.

But right now, I am keeping positive thoughts that all is going well.

Best wishes

ATR

• 27. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                              That Girl Level 1

The first slide is helpful, because I didn't see that in my version of opening Adobe. You have to actually click on File to see and edit that, and no one told me to do that. I was going to Edit, Project Settings where I couldn't change anything. I will try this and get back to you.

• 28. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

Thanks for the reply and looking into the further suggestions.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 29. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                                  That Girl Level 1

When I open Adobe and click on File, New Project, I then try to select the 720p30 choice. But it gives me a pop up that says this Project already exists. Do you want to overwrite it and this is not undoable. Sounds scary to me. I think you forgot to tell me to create a new file name first. It is really hard to be clicking from this screen to Adobe screen. I forgot to check the box. Now I have to start over. This would be so much easier by phone. Now I understand why Windows Movie Maker is so popular.

• 30. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

Focusing in on....the latter part of post 15 details

Click OK to get out of the Change Settings dialog shown immediately above, and see the new project dialog again

in the next screenshot. In the new project dialog that you now are seeing, make sure that there is a check mark

next to "Force Selected Project Setting on this project". Click OK to get out of the New Project dialog and back

in the Expert workspace.

ITITIT.JPG

If you leave the project name as My Project, then you will see

Click Yes.if you do not have any other existing projects with the name My Project.prel.

If, at that point, you change the name in that new project dialog which has the check mark next to "Force selected Project Setting on this project", you will not

get the Save As dialog for the Yes No choice. And, the project will have the name that you gave it. I strongly suggest that you change the name

to That Girl or other of your choice so that we can distinguish this particular project well when we need to identify it in a possible save close reopen situation.

The name can also be changed later using File Menu/Save As. But, forget I wrote that for the time being. Let us focus on the name that we have.

Please let me know what is happening.

Thank you.

ATR

• 31. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                                      That Girl Level 1

I got through the steps, edited the color and saved it like you said as VimeoHD AVCHD file. When I play it on Windows Media Player it looks fine. When I bring it into Windows Movie Maker the sound is all choppy and won't play properly. Can we try the Advanced settings or another option now? I guess WMM doesn't like VimeoHD.

• 32. Re: How to Edit Color of AVI Clip in Adobe and then Use in Windows Moviemaker
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

That Girl

Let us consider...same project, same Timeline, only difference is the export choice....

Publish+Share

Computer

Windows Media

with Presets field set to "WMV - 720 x 480 16x9 29.97"

WindowsMedia.JPG

But, we do not want 720 x 480 16:9, we want 1280 x 720, so we customize the preset under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab.

Click on the Advanced Button (seen under the Save In field) in the first screenshot and then the Video Tab and set to look like the following for

Video Tab settings.

wmwset.JPG

There is a small box to the right of the fields for Width and Height, In the beginning, if you see a chain link inside it, click on the chain link to remove it.

Then type in Width 1280 and Height 720. set each of the fields to match what you see in the screenshot. I did the screenshot with no

files on the Timeline, so ignore my Estimated File Size 74 MB and consider only what you see there for your particular file on the Timeline

ready for export. At this point, I would leave the settings under the Audio Tab as is.

Just to confirm...the Timeline that you are now exporting has source HandBrake frame rate adjusts and bitrate adjusts - right?

ATR