7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2015 8:06 AM by carolec56874106

unable to connect to register the serial number

carolec56874106

Just bought Adobe premiere elements 13.

When I open the programm it asks to register the serial number. I click to connect (the connexion on the internet is working properly) but it's impossible to connect it says try again or register later.

I have an Adobe  ID account where I have already registered this product and the serial number.

I have also done the update of this product.

Help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: unable to connect to register the serial number
          A.T. Romano Level 7

carolec

What computer operating system is involved?

Please clarify, is the message asking you specifically about "registering" or are you facing a "Sign In" dialog?

When the message is telling you to try again later, are you being denied access to the program's workspaces...can you

continue in the program in spite of the message?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: unable to connect to register the serial number
            carolec56874106 Level 1

Dear ATR

Thanks for your post I really appreciate your interest and help . I really hope my message will be clear as English is not my mother tongue.

My computer operating system is windows.

When I open the Adobe premier software a new window open saying :

"Connexion required

You should connect with your Adobe ID to activate this software. Type your Adobe ID to register the product.

Then a  new window says :

You will be connected with Adobe ID XXXXX

I click to connect  then a new window says :

Validation of the serial number

Connect to internet to validate your serial number

Connect later/  Validate

When I click on validate it searches then nothing happens.  I can use the software at the moment when typing try Later .So I'm afraid that in 7 days I could not use the software anymore.

I must say that the product is registered on the Adobe ID system but it seems there is no connection between this service ie Adobe ID and the software .

Once again thanks for your help and interest. Have a nice day. Looking forward to hearing from you .

Carole

• 3. Re: unable to connect to register the serial number
              carolec56874106 Level 1

Should add that it is Windows 7

• 4. Re: unable to connect to register the serial number
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Carole

Lately there have been reports from users saying that Adobe is not supporting technical issues from users for Premiere Elements. And, Adobe Chat

has been referring those users to this forum to "Ask the Community".

If we can get Adobe Chat and its supervisors to look at your problem as serial number/activation issue instead of a technical issue, maybe we can get some help from it. If not, then we will work on this some more here.

So, please try to contact Adobe Chat Product serial number/activation by clicking on the following link.

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, Account Help

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

Before the contact, you might want to try downloading and installing the Adobe Application Manager to determine if that will resolve the issue.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

Are you using a Student Teacher Edition of the program?

We will be watching for your progress. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: unable to connect to register the serial number
                  carolec56874106 Level 1

Dear AT Romano

I would like to thank you very much for your help.

I had already tried to contact Adobe but as you've said the only working link is the community one ...

It sounds like Amazon accepts to reimburse the Adobe software so I'm going to send it back to them. I do not want to run the risk to have non working software in 5 days .

Anyway thanks again for your help it has been really appreciated.

Have a nice day

Carole

• 6. Re: unable to connect to register the serial number
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Carole

Thanks for the update.

Sorry that the news was not better. Had you gone through

a. determining if the situation existed with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

b. running the program as administrator?

If you can get a return/refund, consider looking at the tryout of the program (Premiere Elements or other) before the purchase to assure the program's compatibility with your computer environment and project goals.

If you do decide to revisit Premiere Elements as your video editor at later time, please let us know how we can be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: unable to connect to register the serial number
                      carolec56874106 Level 1

Dear AT Romano

Thanks for your reply.

The software ran as administrator

As for the anti virus or firewall disabled I did no try this but now it's too late I've uninstalled the program and sent it back to Amazon.

Once again thanks for your help it has been really appreciated as Adobe assistance was non existing ...

I really loved Adobe premier elements I had bought version 7 few years ago and really liked it that's why I wanted a new version but it did not work and I think that I will look for another program ..

Best wishes

Carole