3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2015 11:15 AM by A.T. Romano

Flickering when scrolling

JanLonder Level 1

I am using the freshly downloaded trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements 13 and am experiencing some problems with the application.

When scrolling the tracks in expert mode, a very annoying flickering appears, even without having loaded large or heavy video clips.

I have also encountered multiple hangs/freezes when working with Titles & Text.

I am running on an iMac 2,5 Ghz i5 with the latest software updates installed, 8gb of memory, SSD drive and an AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics card with 512MB of memory.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Jan

• 1. Re: Flickering when scrolling
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jan

That is one strange looking Expert workspace Timeline. Are you seeing the same type of thing in the Quick workspace Filmstrip space?

Let us start by deletion the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. I believe in Mac it should be found

Users/Owner/Libraries/ Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0

If that does not help, then the usual questions

1. Is your video card/graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6750M driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of

the card?

2. Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

3. Are you working with pen and tablet device or mouse?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Flickering when scrolling
            JanLonder Level 1

Hello,

I'm afraid this was not correct:

I am running on an iMac 2,5 Ghz i5 with the latest software updates installed

OS X Update 10.10.2 solved the flickering issues which only occurred in the expert workspace filmstrip.

Apologies and thank you,

Jan

• 3. Re: Flickering when scrolling
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jan

Great news. You did a great job sorting through the details to gain the success.

Thanks for reporting the outcome on what was a very unusual Premiere Elements 13 Mac happening in

the Expert workspace. That report will be especially appreciated by others with a similar problem looking for solutions.

Best wishes.

ATR