4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 7:28 PM by A.T. Romano

V13 elements says "Has stopped working"... Windows cannot find fix.

robertl79967370

V12 works fine.

• 1. Re: V13 elements says "Has stopped working"... Windows cannot find fix.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

robertl

What computer operating system?

At the onset, determine if the problem exists with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Did you ever get into a 13 project before the "has stopped working" message appeared?

Did you have time to work with the program so that you could update 13 to 13.1? Did the "has stopped working" message

appear after you updated 13 to 13.1?

If you have Premiere Elements 12/12.1 installed on the same computer as 13/13.1 and 12 is working and 13 is not,

then I would suggest the following

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work, delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the

Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Make sure your computer is not set

up to hide files, folders, and drives.

2. If deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Prefs file exists does not

resolve the problem, then go for

a. Uninstall, the usual Control Panel route

b. followed by free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

c. followed by reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Please review and consider, let us know the outcome, and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: V13 elements says "Has stopped working"... Windows cannot find fix.
            robertl79967370 Level 1

My windows computer is W7/64 bit/1T/8meg/i7 (a series) /radeon gra/2.4 gig.

I have never had a problem with nor ever had to do any changes to drivers since the samsung 700 series was bought in 2012.

Yes I use CC Cleaner on it as recently as last week.

No the Kaspersky was not active as I installed the V12 or V13.

Oh My!

I remember having trouble with graphics drivers when I first got V12. After going around with adobe for two weeks I was able to find one that worked. It was a generic driver and although an error message popped up it did not close the prog so I put up with it.

Yesterday I found an updated driver that works with V13.

Now V12 says it will close because the driver is incompatible. now all my V12 movies are not able to be found.

I am about ready to give up on this Premiere prog although I do love to use it.

QUESTION???

Is it possible to have a diff graphic driver for V12 than I have for V13?

• 3. Re: V13 elements says "Has stopped working"... Windows cannot find fix.
              robertl79967370 Level 1

My windows computer is W7/64 bit/1T/8meg/i7 (a series) /radeon gra/2.4 gig.I have never had a problem with nor ever had to do any changes to drivers since the samsung 700 series was bought in 2012.Yes I use CC Cleaner on it as recently as last week.No the Kaspersky was not active as I installed the V12 or V13. Oh My! I remember having trouble with graphics drivers when I first got V12. After going around with adobe for two weeks I was able to find one that worked. It was a generic driver and although an error message popped up it did not close the prog so I put up with it.Yesterday I found an updated driver that works with V13.Now V12 says it will close because the driver is incompatible. now all my V12 movies are not able to be found.I am about ready to give up on this Premiere prog although I do love to use it.QUESTION???Is it possible to have a diff graphic driver for V12 than I have for V13?

• 4. Re: V13 elements says "Has stopped working"... Windows cannot find fix.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

robert1

Thanks for the update.

That is a tricky situation with the video card/graphics card.

I have not run into the case where one could have 2 video cards/graphics card in a computer, one for 12/12.1 and one for 13/13.1. There are

computer systems with more than one video card/graphics card, but I do think that is applicable to what you are suggesting.

First make sure that you 12 is 12.1 and your 13 is 13.1 and then...

What you might do is have a conversation with Customer Service for NVIDIA or AMD on this matter. Perhaps it could come up with one card

which would support 12.1 and 13.1.

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR