4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 7:09 AM by A.T. Romano

MATCHING videos with seetings in premier elements 13 to keep quality of frame

marktancock

Can anyone help me please... I am a neww editor and I am uploading videos into PE 13 and the video is losing its resolution/quality, my videos are AVCHD but what do I need tyo do to maintain the quality of the frame/video?? HELP!!

• 1. Re: MATCHING videos with seetings in premier elements 13 to keep quality of frame
          A.T. Romano Level 7

marktancock

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running?

1. The project preset needs to be set by you (manually) or the project (automatically) to match the properties of the source media.

To do that, use criteria such as

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive (if Interlaced, then Upper or Lower field first)

Pixel Aspect Ratio

One of the things that you want of the project preset is for it to direct the program to establish the correct space in the Edit area monitor for editing purposes.

2, If you want the best match of export settings with quality for your Timeline content export, you need to customize the export

setting under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab, and, if applicable, the Multiplexer Tab of the preset selected.

Also, make sure that the Bitrate settings for the export are comparable with those of the source. The Bitrate of the export will be

determined by the export settings. Many of the exports use a variable bitrate with Target and Maximum values. You may have to

experiment so that you get the wanted bitrate and a related file size (generally, file size = bitrate x duration)

If you post the details of your source, I will suggest project preset and detailed export settings to get as close as possible

correspondence between the properties of the original with that of the export. The intent is to show you the rationale behind doing this.

These programs offer automatic settings in some cases (import and export). I would determine the results with manual settings

until you are confident of the behavior of the automatic opportunities with your specific video source. The automatic settings do not always

do it correctly for all.

We will look forward to details which will allow us customize a reply to your specific video to get the best results possible..

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: MATCHING videos with seetings in premier elements 13 to keep quality of frame
            marktancock Level 1

Hi ATR

Yes I can see that I need to match up things like the framze size, pixel aspect ratio etc but I can't do it as when I go into project settings-general it won't let me change the pixel aspect ratio etc so I can match it with the video.

Thanks

Mark

• 3. Re: MATCHING videos with seetings in premier elements 13 to keep quality of frame
              marktancock Level 1

What I mean by it wont let me change it, it seems blured out so you can't click on it, also the frame size etc I can't click on either even though this looks like you should be able to click on it.

• 4. Re: MATCHING videos with seetings in premier elements 13 to keep quality of frame
                A.T. Romano Level 7

marktancock

Thank you for reply. From the details given I think I see what needs to be clarified.

The project preset (project settings) for the project are set in the new project dialog by the project automatically based on the properties of the first source dragged to the Timeline. In this instance you do not get to see the new project dialog. You assume that the project has made the right choice of project settings. If the project does not set the project settings correctly, then you have an opportunity to see the new project dialog with the opportunity to change project settings using File Menu/New/Project.  After the project settings are established either by you (manually) or the project (automatically) as just described, you cannot change the project settings. You can verify what has been set by you or the project by going to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General, but you cannot make significant changes there.

If you want to get a good look at the new project dialog and the description of the project presets, go the manual way File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings. When you do you will see project presets and their descriptions

ChangeSettings.JPG

In the screenshot, I have selected NTSC AVCHD AVCHD 1080p60 and its description is displayed to the right of the Change Settings area.

The new project dialog is the place for the user to have control over and set the project settings not Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

Ideally, your project settings are set automatically by the project. The project preset (set by you or the project) will direct the project to display

the correct format space in the Edit area monitor for editing.

Please review and consider, and then let me know if you are OK with the above details.

Thank you.

ATR