Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 10 - generated PDF pages

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there a way to sync the page numbers to the actual generated PDF pages if I search for a specific page number?

For example, if I search or type 52 on the PDF, it takes me to page 42 NOT to page 52. If I type 'v' as the page number , PDF doesn't recognize it.

Appreciate your help, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page number printed is the page number in the section rather than in the document. When generating the PDF, Rh is creating a hidden Word document first to hand over to whatever creates the PDF. The Word document is then deleted.

Without doing some investigation, I'm not sure if you can specify a page number within a section in your PDF viewer. You can in Word.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter. I hope we have a workaround for this. Specifying the actual page number is a big help to customers for them to look at sections easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rh11 has the option to set your printed documents up in a new way and that includes numbering the pages in one run from the start. Maybe that would work better for you.

See the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp