5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2015 8:09 AM by A.T. Romano

motion tacking isn't working

benisere84

I Have replied to a thread on this but it seems to have died but on the trial version on Premiere elements 13 the motion tracking feature does not work, I have watched the episode on Adobe TV and followed the instructions step by step but still the videos will not link

Here is a screen shot

Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 12.30.49.png

• 1. Re: motion tacking isn't working
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what resolution and format is it? In my experience, some formats (AVCHD, DV-AVI) work better with this feature than others.

It is also possible that this feature does not work in the trial version. I've used it successfully on both OSX and Windows 7.

• 2. Re: motion tacking isn't working
            benisere84 Level 1

It's coming from a gopro hero 4 silver 1080p 50FPS PAL if that helps?

• 3. Re: motion tacking isn't working
              A.T. Romano Level 7

benisere

Have you updated your Premiere Elements 13 to 13.1 yet?

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, and I had significant problems with Motion Tracking in 13 but not 12/12.1 on the same computer and same video. So have others. For me, the essential issue was related to getting the orange/yellow frame to turn blue when the tracking object was dragged to the orange/yellow frame. That existed with several videos with difference contrast and source.

Now with the 13.1 Update I "think" it is better. Still looking at that. But, I can tell you that I have applied Motion Tracking to a GoPro source

successfully using Premiere Elements 13.1 Windows Motion Tracking. And, that GoPro source did not even have the greatest of

contrast.

If you have not already and decide to look at Motion Tracking in 13.1 Update, please let us know the results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: motion tacking isn't working
                benisere84 Level 1

Little bit strange as I have only just downloaded so I assumed I was running 13.1, I was not currently downloading now I won't get a chance to test today but will update tomorrow to let you know.

Really Appreciate the help everyone

Ben

• 5. Re: motion tacking isn't working
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ben

Thanks for the reply.

Please check Premiere Elements Editor Help Menu/About Adobe Premiere Elements and Elements Organizer Help Menu/About Elements Organizer and

see if each shows version13 or 13.1.

If not 13.1, then you can use the opened project's Help Menu/Update to update both from 13 to 13.1.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR