2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 10:06 AM by EaglesNest

I can no longer import MOV movie files.

EaglesNest

Since I upgraded to Lightroom 5.7 on a Windoiws 8.1 PC, I can no longer import MOV movie files.  In the past I was able to import them and it does not appear that I have changed anything.  The only special characters in the filename is a dash . Many other file types work fine with the dash in the filename.

• 1. Re: I can no longer import MOV movie files.
          dj_paige Level 9

Why can't you import them? What is stopping you? What happens? What is the error message?

• 2. Re: I can no longer import MOV movie files.
            EaglesNest Level 1

Well as it turns out, I believe it was a corrupt QuickTime. When I found another computer with Lightroom, I tried the same files there.  I got a dialog that said QuickTime was missing.  When I installed QuickTime the files imported correctly.

Back at my comnputer, I attempted to open the files in QuickTime and that installation was obviously corrupted. Other video files loaded but not the MOV files.  I reinstalled QuickTime and now the files import properly.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  It never occurred to me it was another program; I just assumed it had to be the upgrade to Lightroom 5.7.