1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2007 2:34 PM by SymTsb

Using stylesheets with an html enabled textArea

willrose Level 1
      Hi guys,

I'm trying to use stylesheets with an html enabled textArea. My goal is to be able to use something like this (see Fig 1 below):

What I am currently using is listed in Fig 2. This works as long as I wrap my text in Fig 1 in paragraph tags.

I would like to be able to use something like Fig 3. The problem is I don't know how to use a global selector in the setStyle function. Does such a thing exist? If I remember correctly, CSS usually uses an '*' to denote that a style should be applied globally, but it does not seem to be working here. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

• 1. Re: Using stylesheets with an html enabled textArea
          SymTsb Level 2
          Remember that flash only supports a limited number of CSS1 style techniques. * is not one of them.

a work around though is to create an actual html file with body tags and load that in. you don't need the html, head etc. just the stuff from body on down. replace the * with body in your css and you should be ok.

Granted, this isn't a perfect fix or the way we'd all like it to be. I'd love to see * implemented in Flash 9 and AS3. Unfortunately, encapsulating the entire document in a set of body tags is the only solution i've found myself.