I'm still a rookie to Macromedia. But how do you fade the
background of a design from one color to another in Fireworks. I
never liked solid colors on a design. Here's an example site of
what I'm talking about.
http://info-mgt.net/writing.htm How the white is gradually changed to gray. Or it could be
any 2 colors fading into one or the other. Thanks....Fireworks and
Paintshop are the graphic design tools I have right now. I will be
getting Photoshop in a few weeks, though...
Fades like that are done using gradient fills. Try this:
1. Open Fireworks and start a new document.
2. Select the Rectangle tool
3. Drag a rectangle on the canvas the size you want. TIP: If
you hold shift while dragging, it will make a square. If you hold
space while dragging, you can move the rectangle without letting
go. If you hold the up/down arrow while dragging, you can change
the rounded edges.
4. Look in the Properties panel for the paint bucket icon
with the color selector. To the right there should be a dropdown,
it will probably say "Solid". Click it and choose Gradient >
5. Now you can click the color selector square and choose
what colors it fades to.