3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 3:12 PM by A.T. Romano

up grading from 12 to 13

danielf78295802

I have projects in 12, can I delete 12 and still be able to have these projects transferred to 13 after installing 13???

• 1. Re: up grading from 12 to 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

danielf

Same computer operating system?

There is no guarantee that a project file from an older version will open in a later version. And, when you try that, best to be working from a copy

of the 12 project since projects created in an earlier version and edited in a later one cannot be edited again in the earlier version.

Another consideration is do not move, delete, or rename files and folders imported into a project after the project has been saved closed. The copies of the imports in the project need to trace back to the originals at the hard drive save location where they were when they were first imported into the project.

Consequently, you might want to leave 12/12.1 installed until you are assured a successful 13 install and at least one opening of a 12 project in 12.

The immediate answer to your thread question is probably yes, but....

ATR

• 2. Re: up grading from 12 to 13
            Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A.T. Romano wrote:

Consequently, you might want to leave 12/12.1 installed until you are assured a successful 13 install and at least one opening of a 12 project in 12.

I think you mean 13.

• 3. Re: up grading from 12 to 13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Peru Bob

Many thanks. I did mean "at least one opening of a 12 project in 13". Wish I had a eraser. The good and the not so good news is good news that you caught that for me. The not so good news is that I cannot fix the typo now that you have posted.

But danielf will see the correction which is important.

ATR