4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 2:09 PM by A.T. Romano

media analyzer missing from preferences.

coco1234567

If anyone could help.  I purchased premiere elements 13, got the huge help files and bought grisetti's book.. But none of this tells me why I have no media analyzer menu/page.  Yes I've done the obvious. its not under edit/preferences or anywhere else.  I want to use the auto analyzer but i can't access the preference menu for this

• 1. Re: media analyzer missing from preferences.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

coco

Where are you looking for the AutoAnalzyer Options - in the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 or Premiere Elements 13/13.1?

You should be looking in the Elements Organizer 13/13.1 Edit Menu/Preferences/Media-Analysis and the AutoAnalzyer options there.

Are you?

Also, even if you have the options disabled there, you can right click the thumbnail in Expert workspace Project Assets and select

Run AutoAnalzyer. Consider if you really want those options enabled. You are going to end up with your video split into scenes and the scene

stacked whether you want that or not.

You can get to the Elements Organizer from the Welcome Screen

or

By clicking on the Organizer Tab at the bottom of the Premiere Elements Expert workspace.

Please review and consider and let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: media analyzer missing from preferences.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Add On...

After Elements Organizer Edit Menu/Preferences/Media-Analysis

aa.JPG

ATR

• 3. Re: media analyzer missing from preferences.
              coco1234567 Level 1

Thanks A.T.  I totally missed that subtlety - didn't see that the ongoing section in the elements book suddenly was talking about organizer.  I guess I will have to go and learn to use organizer. I was fine without it but I wanted to try 'interpret footage' and 'smart fix' to see what results I got.  Guess I have a few days of learning ahead.  Thanks very much for your prompt reply.  I've been asked to present a video to a national boating organization and I've been impressed with what I've accomplished with PE13 so far.  But always hoping for improvements.  Thanks again

• 4. Re: media analyzer missing from preferences.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

coco

Thanks for the reply with the good news that you are OK with the Elements Organizer that comes with Premiere Elements.

Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 are standalone programs, each coming with an Elements Organizer 13. When

Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 are installed on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 13.

Just be on the watch for AutoAnalzyer's extracurricular activity of splitting video clips and then stacking the clips. To stop that, you need to disable

the AutoAnalzyer in Elements Organizer preferences and then import the video again.

Best wishes as you move forward with your projects. The best is yet to come.

Please let us know if you have questions or need clarification on your workflows.

ATR