8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2015 8:00 PM by shannon1990

Premiere Elements 13 Video quality loss

shannon1990

Hey guys,

I have imported/exported my hero 3 Black video files (MP4) and when i proceed to make a movie and export the final production the video quality is some what degraded and no way near as clear as the original video file.

I want to know how i can stop this and get my video files as clear as they are originally?

if someone can help me out with this that would be great.

I only use video file size at 1920x1080.

Thanks heaps in advanced :-)

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video quality loss
          A.T. Romano Level 7

shannon1990

What computer operating system? Did you update from 13 to 13.1 yet under an opened project's Help Menu/Update?

Can we assume that your video is 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second AVCHD.mp4? What is the bitrate for

the recording?

What do you see under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect

Ratio?

What are your export choices...Publish+Share/Computer/ then what and what are you selecting for the preset in the Presets field?

Are you using the default export settings or customizing them under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab, and, if applicable,

Multiplexer Tab?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video quality loss
            A.T. Romano Level 7

shannon1990

If you have a 1080p60 source and 1080p60 project settings, then this is the suggested 1080p60 export settings....

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30

Then under the Advanced Tab/Video Tab, you customize the preset to 1080p60.

1080p60 Export.JPG

When you start, if may see a chain link in the small box to the right of Width and Height. Click on that chain link to remove it.

Then you can type in 1920 for Width and 1080 for Height if it is not there already.

Go through the list of options and set them to read as in the screenshot. For now do the settings yourself until we

know that we have an excellent end product. Then we can explore other approaches to setting the Advanced Export Settings.

Let us see what that looks and sounds like on your player. I have already suggested the

appropriate project settings. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video quality loss
              shannon1990 Level 1

Thanks Heaps for that Work perfect.

The Video i made just now is way Better. so much clearer its crazy :-)

Thanks so much for that.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video quality loss
                A.T. Romano Level 7

shannon1990

So glad for your success. Thanks for letting us know the outcome. And, thanks for staying with the suggestions. Great job.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and ask for clarification. Often there is no one answer fits all for seeking the best

quality output.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video quality loss
                  shannon1990 Level 1

Very much appreciated ATR,

yeah that is true, but you certainly help me out here.

I will post a link to the video once its on youtube for you to have a look and there is one that i didn't do it to and i doesn't look as good.

Thanks again.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video quality loss
                    shannon1990 Level 1

Hey ATR,

Here is the link to the final edit Mt Buller - Snowboarding & Park Edit GoPro Black Edition 2014 - YouTube

I also have a few others there.

One thing through, you have to watch it in HD or it looks real crap, is there a way that i can get it to look good smaller plus even better in HD?

the other question i wanted to ask is, when you are making a video in PE13 it says render video to make it smooth etc for playback, do you have to do this before you safe and complete the video or does it render it  as well when you go to publish and save the video?

Thanks Shannon

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video quality loss
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

shannon1990

The video looked good on my computer Full Screen at the YouTube automatic set of 480p and better with the manual set for HD. I recall a thread where comments on YouTube quality went back and forth on the question of obtaining "better", I am not sure if the browser might have factored in. My recollection is that interlaced video upload was involved. Since you uploaded to YouTube using progressive video, I think that was a major plus. It is my understanding the YouTube converts interlaced video to progressive. So you bypassed any YouTube interlacing issues when you used the progressive upload.

About Timeline rendering. That is just a preview matter in the Edit area. It does not fix anything. The program gives you a color line indicator to let you know if feels that it is giving you the best possible preview. You do not have to do it. But, it is your window of opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later. It is especially useful for evaluating titles, transitions, effects, and non native formats. Rendering (encoding) during export is another matter. Please let me know if you are OK with that explanation. If not, I will go into my longer version of Timeline rendering to get the best possible preview in the Edit area of the program.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Video quality loss
                        shannon1990 Level 1

Thanks heaps for that.

Perfect explanation for that :-)